Saturday, March 12 - Sunday, March 20, 2022
Included with admission
After two years of endless screentime, kids are hungry for adventure—and we’ve got plenty. ROM has an array of exciting exhibitions and programming fit for the whole family, including:
Activity Stations (hours: 10:30am - 4:30pm)
Between learning ancient writing with Camp Director Kiron Mukherjee and drawing real-life ROM specimens they can see and touch, kids will have plenty of March Break-exclusive activities to keep them engaged.
- How do you feel about the future? — Explore how art is an inherently impactful form of expression with this mini drawing activity station
- What is the Year of the Tiger? — Learn about East Asian zodiacs and create a quick and easy mini tiger at the Origami Station to keep you company as you adventure through the Museum!
- Do Dinosaurs still exist? — Uncover the evolution of animals and the connection between dinosaurs of the past and our modern-day bird friends
- Ancient Writing Touch Table and Activity — Discover the importance of the invention and evolution of writing systems around the world
- Where did all the colour go?— Learn how colour was used in Ancient Greece and Rome and colour your own marble statue with our free print outs
- Earth Rangers Studio — Get up close to real-life specimens and draw a picture of one of them to take home
- Hands-on Biodiversity Gallery: Curiosity Zone — Visit the two discovery boxes: "Match a sound" and "Dino Finds", where you use your senses to investigate and play
Dino Dana The Movie
Screening times: 12:30 pm, 2 pm, and 3:30 pm.
Between March 14 — 18, enjoy daily free screenings of Dino Dana The Movie, presented by Sinking Ship. This 25-minute version of the movie tells the story of 10-year-old Dana, who sees dinosaurs in the real world, and in the company of her older sister and neighbours go on a journey bigger than anything they have ever faced.
Hike the ROM
Get those daily steps in with #HikeTheROM: walking trails of wonder through three floors of galleries. Pick up your Walk on the Wild Side or Eternal Life Trail Guides at either entrance, and head off on a fun, step-filled adventure. Learn more.
Willner Madge Gallery, Dawn of Life
ROM's newest permanent gallery brings the dawn of life to life. From the earliest microbes to the emergence of dinosaurs and mammals, Dawn of Life is a thrilling interactive journey through nearly four billion years of evolution. Learn more.
Secure your family adventure. Book today!