These guidelines are in place to help create a safe environment on all social media channels run by the Royal Ontario Musuem.
The Royal Ontario Museum is committed to providing an open forum to discuss and debate issues on the topics of art, culture and nature.
We ask that anyone engaging with our social media channels shows courtesy, kindness and respect for all other members of our social media communities
By engaging with our social media channels you agree to follow these guidelines:
Comments must not:
- Contain spam, be defamatory of any person, deceive others, be obscene, contain offensive language, threatening, abusive, hateful, inflammatory or promote sexually explicit material or violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Breach any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
- Be off-topic, irrelevant or unintelligible.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services.
Breach of guidelines
We reserve the right to determine, at our discretion, whether contributions to our social media channels breach our guidelines. We reserve the right to hide or delete comments made on our channels, as well as block users who do not follow these guidelines.
We also reserve the right to send any comments we deem appropriate to law enforcement authorities for investigation as we feel necessary or is required by law.