- Telephone: 416.586.5595
- Fax: 416.586.5519
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ROMLibrary
Hours and Location
Monday – Friday, 10am – 5 pm. Closed on weekends and holidays
- The Main Library is located on Level 1 (main floor) of the Museum; access is through the ROM's Michael Lee Chin Crystal entrance on the southwest corner of Bloor Street and Avenue Road. Obtain a special library tag, free-of-charge, at the Museum Concierge Desk and ask for direction there. We are at the end of the Chinese Architecture Gallery.
- The Main Library has over 175,000 volumes, subscribes to over 200 current journals and magazines.
- The mandate of the Library is to support the research at the ROM
- Our collections specialize on subject areas including anthropology, archaeology, botany, costume, Canadiana, entomology, geology, herpetology, ichthyology, invertebrate zoology, mammalogy, mineralogy, museology, paleontology, textiles, and the decorative arts.
Circulation Policy / Borrowing Privileges
- As a reference library, our collections do not circulate to the public
- Special borrowing privileges are granted to faculty members of the University of Toronto and Ryerson University, as well as graduate students from the Faculty of Information of the University of Toronto. With their valid library cards, these individuals can borrow books and pamphlets for 2 weeks, and fines are charged to overdue items. Please note that the following materials are strictly non-circulating: journals, reference and archival materials.
- Our library stacks are closed to the public, and all material will be retrieved upon request. Material charged out on permanent loan to ROM departments and curators can be retrieved with 24 hour notice.
To help us serve you better, please contact us one business day in advance for materials to be retrieved.
- free WiFi connection
- 3 public computer terminals
- 1 overhead self-service book scanner
- 1 flatbed scanner (maximum document scan size: 8.5”x12.3” or 216x311mm)
- 1 laser printer/photocopier
- 1 inkjet colour printer
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 microfilm reader
- Scanning is free of charge, so we encourage you to bring a USB memory stick along to help us preserve our print materials.
- Photocopying, black and white only, is self-served and costs 15¢ per exposure; both input and output size are limited to 8½ by 11.
- Printing from our computer terminals costs 15¢ per page for both letter and legal size. Colour printing is $1.00 per page.