PLENTY OF ROM REVEALED WEEKEND GENERAL ADMISSION AND ROM REVEALED WEEKEND+BEHIND-THE-SCENES EXPERIENCE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR ON MAY 3rd AND 4th, ARRIVE EARLY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY. ONLINE EARLY BIRD TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
May 3rd and 4th only, enjoy FREE GENERAL ADMISSION to the Royal Ontario Museum. For one weekend, you will have unique access to the Museum’s public galleries, ROM experts and their discoveries at ROM Ideas, and engaging free family activities in the galleries.
Enhance your ROM Revealed Weekend by adding a unique Behind-the-Scenes Experience to your visit and journey into the Museum's collections and research areas.
There will be fun for every age, and interest – ROM Revealed weekend, expect the unexpected!
Gain once-in-a-lifetime access to the ROM’s collections, curators and research. Choose one of the two options;
Epic Civilizations Experience: travel through history and around the world as you explore our magnificent collection of artifacts from cultures known for their epic innovations, epic archaeological discoveries, and epic legacies, including some of the earliest pieces acquired by Charles Trick Currelly himself, which formed the original collection of the Royal Ontario Museum 100 years ago! Explore the ROM’s Centres of Discovery, including Ancient Cultures, Textiles & Fashions, Canada, Contemporary Culture and World Art & Culture and Conservation labs.
Wild Wonders Experience: expect an adventure as you explore our collection of all things wild, from the smallest fly on the planet to fossils of the largest creatures that ever lived, from meteorites to precious gems, and specimens that are changing what we know about life on Earth. Watch ROM scientists work in the DNA lab to better understand our lives and how we relate to the world around us. It's going to be wild! Journey through the curatorial hub of the Museum’ Biodiversity, Earth & Space, and Fossils & Evolution Centres of Discovery.
Please note the Wild Wonders Experience is spread between more floors and has more stairs to climb
ROM Revealed General Admission
ROM Ideas: Discoveries and Insights from ROM Researchers
The ROM’s teams of researchers, technicians and experts perform ground-breaking work around the world. ROM Ideas is your chance to hear first hand about the amazing discoveries and research taking place at the ROM. Read more about the ROM Ideas topics.
Stimulate your senses as you take part in an exciting assortment of gallery activities for every age and interest.
- Get hands-on with interactive touch tables and crafts
- Transform the sounds of our environment into real time compositions with Interactive Sound Art inspired by the fossils of Mistaken Point
- Celebrate International Dance Week with a unique tribute to the pioneers of modern dance and the ancient Greek images that inspired the choreography
- Watch as a craftsman makes some Roman armour and learn about daily life in ancient Rome
- Walk on the Moon right here at the ROM
- Learn about our new Centres of Discovery
- And much more!
Planning a visit to the Museum on ROM Revealed Weekend? Here are some tips to help you maximize your experience.
Before you arrive at the Museum
- Tickets are Available at the Door - Don't worry if you missed the online early bird tickets, we've held plenty of tickets for visitors at the door. Behind-the-Scenes spaces are limited, arrive early to guarantee entry.
- Arrive Early - On ROM Revealed Weekend, both General Admission and Behind-the-Scenes Experience tickets are time specific. We cannot guarantee access if you miss your entry time - don't be disappointed!
- Wear Comfortable Shoes - The Behind-the-Scenes Experiences cover many floors, and the only elevator in the curatorial space will be reserved for visitors who require assistance. We're a HUGE Museum with lots to see! Don't let your feet keep you from missing a thing!
- Leave Purses, Bags and Valuables at Home - Due to space restrictions, these items will not be permitted into the Behind-the-Scenes areas; it's best to leave them safe at home.
- Lightweight Strollers Only - Space is limited in the curatorial area. Please respect fellow visitors and leave all large strollers at home.
- No Food or Drink - Help us avoid the potential issue of pest control in the collections areas. No food or drink will be allowed behind the scenes. Plan a visit to Druxy's ROM Café after your Behind-the-Scenes Experience.
- Plan Your Route - This weekend the Don Valley Parkway will be closed on Saturday and some road closures are planned for the Toronto Marathon on Sunday. Make your trip easier and plan ahead or take public transit (marathon road map).
Getting the most out of your Behind-the-Scenes Experience
- Stay Together - Please keep all members of your group together as you travel through the curatorial spaces. There's cool stuff to see, but if you separate or run through, you'll miss it.
- Stay on the Path - Follow the path through the experience to ensure you see the best rooms and spaces.
- No Photography - To protect the exclusivity of this experience, we ask that you take home memories instead of pictures.
- Turn off Cell Phones - To ensure you don't disturb other visitors, and don't miss a thing, please turn off your phone during the Behind-the-Scenes Experiences.
- Touching Artifacts - We have some great things you can touch! We'll let you know what they are, but unless indicated, please don't touch the artifacts.
- Climate Conditions - this is an old building with even older collections that require varying climates. You'll notice changes in humidity, temperature, dust and aroma - enjoy the variety!
Getting the most out of your Behind-the-Scenes Experience
- HAVE FUN - ROM Revealed Weekend is a unique experience with interactive activities, demonstrations, ROM Ideas talks, Behind-the-Scenes Experiences and more for the whole family. This is your chance to experience the Museum like never before--have fun and enjoy!
We are proud to share the wonder with you on ROM Revealed Weekend – see you soon!
On May 3rd and 4th only, visitors are invited to enjoy Free General Admission to the Royal Ontario Museum, including the permanent galleries, ROM Ideas and gallery activities. Your ROM Revealed Weekend can be enhanced by taking part in either the Wild Wonders or Epic Civilizations Behind-the-Scenes experience.
PLENTY OF ROM REVEALED WEEKEND GENERAL ADMISSION AND ROM REVEALED WEEKEND+BEHIND-THE-SCENES EXPERIENCE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR ON MAY 3rd AND 4th. ARRIVE EARLY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY. ONLINE EARLY BIRD TICKETS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
ROM Revealed Weekend - General Admission Only
Explore the ROM’s permanent galleries, learn about new discoveries and research at ROM Ideas and experience hands-on gallery activities with FREE GENERAL ADMISSION tickets.
ROM Revealed General Admission+Behind-the-Scenes Experience
See the Museum like never before and enhance your ROM Revealed Weekend by adding a Behind-the-Scenes Experience to your ticket. Not only will you have access to the permanent galleries, ROM Ideas and gallery activities, but you’ll also travel behind the scenes with unprecedented access to the ROM’s fascinating collections and research areas.
*Each ticket is valid for a single admission on the day and time indicated.
Go behind-the-scenes first! Reservations are required for Members to take part in the Wild Wonders or Epic Civilizations behind-the-scenes experience in advance of the general public with reserved timeslots from 10 am-11 am on both Saturday and Sunday. Another great reason to become a member today!
Royal Patrons Circle (RPC) and Young Patrons Circle (YPC) members have advanced access to behind-the-scenes experiences from 10 am-11 am on Saturday and Sunday, and can reserve up to 8 ROM Revealed Weekend tickets (four adults and four children). RPC and YPC members enjoy exclusive access to curator-led tours and behind-the-scenes experiences all year long!
NOTE: Free general admission during ROM Revealed Weekend, does not include admission to the special exhibition The Forbidden City: Inside the Court of China’s Emperors, presented by The Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation. Special exhibition tickets may be purchased only on arrival at the Museum.
Plan your trip ahead or take public transit.
On Saturday, the Don Valley Parkway will be closed from the Gardiner Expressway to Highway 401 for spring maintenance from Friday at 10 PM to Sunday at 6 AM. Some routes downtown on Sunday are also expected to be impacted by roads closures for the Toronto Marathon (marathon road map).
During our Centennial year, there has never been a better time to support the Royal Ontario Museum. Please give a commorative gift today and help us ensure wonder and discovery for another 100 years.
ROM Fascinating Fact
Did you know it costs the ROM $55 per visitor each year to keep its doors open? With only half of these costs covered through government funding, we rely on the generous support of our community and people like you who are passionate about the Museum.
Show your love for the ROM with a commemorative gift in our Centennial year! Every dollar you donate supports the ROM's highest priorities that bring world-class collections, exhibitions and research to life.
Donate today at online or 416.586.5660.