ROMKids and Family Programs uses hands-on learning to highlight our amazing collection and cutting-edge research, takes a multi-disciplinary approach to programming, and works to connect children and their families to the exciting life-long learning available through our camps like Summer Club, March Break Camp and Saturday Club. Our programs seek enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who love sharing the Museum with children and families.
Through this experience volunteers are exposed to many subject areas and experts, allowing them to learn about the various careers available in science, history, education, art, and museums.
What do ROMKids volunteers do?
Volunteers act as assistants to the course instructors. Some of the ways they help are by:
- preparing material for activities
- facilitating children's activities
- helping with clean-up after activities
- assisting in escorting children through the Museum and on field trips
- providing supervision during breaks
- support the learning of childrens ages 2 to 16
- learn more about Saturday Club, PD Day Camp, & ROMKids Jr!
During the 2014/2015 programming season, our 400+ volunteers contributed over 30,000 hours! Check out what our volunteers have to say about their experience with ROMKids HERE. Interested in joining our team? See below!
One of the city’s most creative and diverse camps for 77 years, we offer an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of a world-class museum. The ROM’s fascinating galleries, authentic artifacts and outstanding professional staff guarantee that your camp experience will be hard to beat.
ROMKids Jr Volunteer Assistants
If you are responsible, enthusiastic and enjoy working with children, then we want you for our ECE program ROMKids Jr!
Based upon our strong commitment to early childhood education, ROMKids Jr offers an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of our world-class museum. Sensory adventure as you tour galleries with our Early Learning Educators, and join them in creative play-based activities and social interaction in a classroom setting.
How do I Apply?
Simply fill out the following form and return it by mail, e-mail or in person no later than 5:00 PM on Wednesday, October 7, 2015. Forms received after this date will not be processed and you will not be eligible to volunteer for the session. To provide everyone with a clear idea of how our programs works and what the role of a volunteer is, we are holding an orientation/information session on Saturday, October 10th, from 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM.Meet at the Staff Entrance on the south side of the Museum.
- ROMKids volunteer positions are ideal for high school and post secondary students, as well as those interested in a museum, history, science or education based career.
- Please note that while we do accept volunteers we do not accept co-ops, placements or interns at this time.
- For more information on our programs, click HERE!
- March Break Camp 2016 volunteer applications will go out in January. Summer Club 2016 volunteer applications will go out in April.