Royal Ontario Museum
Youth Cabinet Member
Deadline: November 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
November 2018 to June 2019 on Friday evenings from 6:00-8:30PM, with possible succession plan and/or extensions for longer terms to build continuity and a long-term working relationship with the ROM. ROM YC members are expected to attend weekly meetings that are approximately 2-3 hours in length but will not exceed four hours. Additional tasks/meetings may be taken on by members, when working towards projects/large events, at their convenience.
About the ROM Youth Cabinet
The ROM Youth Cabinet is a multicultural youth cabinet comprised of 8-10 members with representation from Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. The Youth Cabinet uses an Indigenous framework and a for-youth-by-youth philosophy to provide youth members with the tools they need to build leadership skills, explore their community, and tell their stories.
The Youth Cabinet engages Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth to gather a range of perspectives and experiences.
- Youth ages 16-21
- Motivated and passionate about working as a team
- Interested in arts, culture, and nature
- A drive for creating change and helping community
The Role of Youth Cabinet Members
The Youth Cabinet’s role will be to develop projects/events that empower its members and other youth that visit/may visit the ROM. The Youth Cabinet’s role will be to also make recommendations to the ROM Learning Department. In addition, the Youth Cabinet may be invited to share their input with other ROM departments.
Benefits to Joining
- A rewarding and fulfilling experience, opportunities for intellectual and personal enrichment, and community involvement.
- Access to selected ROM events, galleries, and behind the scenes FREE of charge.
- Education/employment letter of support.
- Food and two tokens each meeting.
- Volunteer hours, if needed.
For more information, please contact:
Leslie McCue | ROM Youth Cabinet Facilitator & Indigenous Knowledge Resource Teacher
416-586-8000 ext.5209 | firstname.lastname@example.org