TIME COMMITMENT: January/February to June/July with possible succession plan and/or extensions for longer terms to build continuity and a long-term working relationship with the ROM. YC members are expected to attend weekly Zoom meetings that are approximately 1-2 hours in length but will not exceed 4 hours. Additional tasks/meetings may be taken on by members, when working towards projects/large events, at their convenience.
ABOUT THE YOUTH CABINET
The Youth Cabinet is a multicultural youth cabinet, composed of 10-15 members with representation from Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area. Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth are welcome to apply! The YC uses an Indigenous framework with a for-youth-by-youth philosophy to provide members with the tools they need to build leadership skills, explore their community, and tell their stories. With the support of local Elders, Knowledge Carriers, and artists, YC members work towards a culminating youth-centred project that cultivates their communication, leadership, and technical skills. Learn more about the past YC projects here: www.rom.on.ca/en/learning/rom-youth-cabinet
THE ROLE OF YOUTH CABINET MEMBERS
Youth Cabinet’s role will be to develop projects/events that empower youth who may visit the ROM. In addition, the Youth Cabinet may be invited to share their input with other ROM departments.
- Youth ages 15-21
- Motivated and passionate about working as a team
- Interested in art, culture, and nature
- A drive for creating change and helping community
BENEFITS TO APPLYING
- A rewarding and fulfilling experience, opportunities for intellectual and personal enrichment, and community involvement
- Access to virtual behind-the-scenes opportunities at the ROM
- Education/employment letter of support
- Volunteer hours, if needed
For more information about joining, please contact: Leslie McCue, Indigenous Museum Educator & YC Facilitator, email@example.com.