Volunteer at ROM
Are you passionate about art, culture, and nature? Are you inspired by great museums and learning about artifacts, galleries, and new exhibitions? Join the Department of Museum Volunteers (DMV), a dedicated team of volunteers at ROM. By volunteering, you will use your talents to support ROM, and gain valuable experience and knowledge.
The DMV offers a variety of opportunities to interact with the public and ROM members. You can assist visitors, lead tours, or help with outreach beyond the museum. Or you may choose to support the organization volunteering “behind the scenes”.
Learn more under DMV Opportunities
Volunteering at ROM is very rewarding. DMV volunteers enhance the learning and excitement that visitors experience at the museum as they share their enthusiasm for 4 billion years of beauty and wonder. Volunteers learn and develop new skills while creating new friendships.
Anyone wishing to become a DMV volunteer must:
- be 18 years of age or older.
- have or obtain a valid ROM membership before volunteer training begins.
- be prepared to make a minimum two-year commitment.
- agree to a criminal background check (by a third party).
When you complete your volunteer training and become an active volunteer, a token, annual DMV donation is required.
Please note the time commitment for volunteer activities varies from group to group. All volunteers are expected to follow and respect ROM and DMV policies and practices.
Learn more about our committees
We are not accepting new applications at this time. Please check back in January 2024. Thank you.
To learn more about ROM volunteer opportunities, please email us at email@example.com and we'll respond within 5-10 business days.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Know you are providing valuable support for a world class museum and enhancing the experience of visitors.
- Enjoy behind the scenes tours and learning opportunities.
- Access the DMV centre and ROM libraries.
- Social events throughout the year, including Seasonal Celebration and Awards Ceremony.
- DMV Speakers Series, with guests from ROM and other cultural institutions.
- Free ROM admission tickets and RAD tickets.
- Discounts at the café and gift shop.
At the DMV, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity foundational to our success. We seek to foster a volunteer workplace that reflects the full breadth of the communities we serve and invite applications from everyone, especially Indigenous people, Black people, and people of colour (IBPOC), 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and people with disabilities, and members of the Deaf community.