Volunteer at the ROM!
Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is the largest museum in Canada with collections spanning the worlds of art, nature, and culture. ROM volunteers are crucial in helping ROM deliver its mandate. Many volunteer opportunities exist in various areas of ROM. However, not all ROM volunteer areas will be seeking new volunteers at the same time.
The Department of Museum Volunteers (DMV) is one of the areas of ROM which, from time to time, will be seeking new volunteers. The DMV has volunteer opportunities to interact with visitors and the public. It also has “behind the scenes” positions.
In volunteering at ROM, you can apply your existing skills, develop new skills and create new friendships. Learning and having fun, as you engage with visitors and other volunteer colleagues, is all part of being a ROM volunteer.
Anyone wishing to become a DMV volunteer must:
- have a valid ROM Membership
- be 18 years of age or older
- have email
- be competent in English or French, both oral and written
- complete the DMV orientation process
- be willing to undertake the training, and
- be prepared to make a minimum two-year commitment.
- must be able to perform the essential duties of the job or assignment
- must be computer-literate at a functional level and be able to use the DMV website, attend virtual meetings, as required, and maintain an active email address
- agree to a criminal background check (by a third party)
There will be a token DMV Donation dues on achieving active status.
Other ROM Volunteer Opportunities also exist in the Life in Crisis: Schad Gallery of Biodiversity. Volunteers are needed for hands-on activity stations and discovery boxes. If you are interested please connect with the DMV at the address above and we will forward your information.
Please note time commitment for volunteer activities varies from group to group. All volunteers are expected to abide by and respect ROM and the DMV policies and practices.
Intake Meeting for volunteers - Two options:
- In person - Saturday September 24, 2022 at 10:30 am.
- Online via Zoom - Wednesday September 28, 2022 at 7 pm.
To register for:
In-person session - Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call DMV Reception at 416-586-8097 (Monday to Saturday, between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm). Or please leave a voice mail message at any time.
Online session – Register in advance for this meeting through this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYtd-2tpj8jGtJImvksPvYr-iAw7266dtuC
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.