- Telephone: 416.586.5595
- Fax: 416.586.5519
- Email address: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ROMLibrary
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/romlibrary
Hours and Location
Monday – Friday, 10am – 5 pm. Closed on weekends and holidays
- The Richard Wernham and Julia West Library is located on Level 1 (main floor) of the Museum; access is through the ROM's Michael Lee Chin Crystal entrance on the southwest corner of Bloor Street and Avenue Road. Obtain a special library tag, free-of-charge, at the Museum Concierge Desk and ask for direction there. We are at the end of the Chinese Architecture Gallery.
- The Richard Wernham and Julia West Library has over 400,000 volumes, and subscribes to over 150 current journals and magazines.
- The mandate of the Library is to support research at the ROM
- Our collections specialize in a wide range of subject areas including anthropology, archaeology, botany, costume, Canadiana, entomology, geology, herpetology, ichthyology, invertebrate zoology, mammalogy, mineralogy, museology, paleontology, textiles, and the decorative arts.
Access and Circulation
- As a reference library, our collections do not circulate to the public
- Special borrowing privileges are granted to faculty members of the University of Toronto, as well as graduate students from the Faculty of Information of the University of Toronto. With a valid Tcard, these individuals may borrow circulating materials for 2 weeks, and fines are charged for overdue items. Please note that the following materials are strictly non-circulating: journals, reference, rare, fragile, and archival materials.
- Our library stacks are closed to the public, and all material will be retrieved upon request. Material charged out on permanent loan to ROM departments and curators can be retrieved with 24 hour notice.
To help us serve you better, please contact us one business day in advance.
- free WiFi connection
- 3 public computer terminals
- 1 overhead self-service book scanner
- 1 flatbed scanner (maximum document scan size: 8.5”x12.3” or 216x311mm)
- 1 laser printer/photocopier
- 1 microfiche reader
- 1 microfilm reader
- Scanning is free of charge, so we encourage you to bring a USB memory stick along to help us preserve our print materials.
- Photocopying in black and white only, is self-serve at 15¢ per exposure; both input and output size are limited to 8½ by 11.
- Printing from our computer terminals is 15¢ per page for both letter and legal size. Colour printing is $1.00 per page, available upon request.