Professional Learning Opportunities
For practicing classroom teachers and teachers-in-training, the ROM's Teacher Professional Learning Program meets the professional learning needs of educators through guided tours and hands-on labs.
Special Events for Teachers
In recognition and celebration of the hard work that teachers do, the ROM offers special events including exclusive previews of special exhibitions and fun events for teachers and their families.
Teacher Appreciation Day
Sunday, October 1, 2017
Practicing classroom teachers and early childhood educators are invited to register for our Teacher Appreciation Day!
FREE for practicing Ontario Teachers + 1 Guest
Arrival and Check-in at School Entrance (Queen’s Park): 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- A valid OCT card, union card, and/or proof of employment is required
- Admission includes ROM galleries and special exhibitions Anishinaabeg: Art & Power, The Evidence Room, and The Family Camera
- Teachers with more than one guest are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets online with the promo code PERKS to receive the OCT discount of up to 20%.
Exclusive Activities for Teachers: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Hands-on Lab Samplers – Touch authentic objects and specimens from our teaching collection covering art, culture, and nature and learn about multisensory experiences for students
- ROM Makerspace Activity – Drop-in and learn about our maker activities for school groups, and try your own hand at making
- Travelling Planetarium and EduKits – Step inside our inflatable, mobile planetarium to star-gaze and learn about our education kits
- Spot Tours in Galleries – Experience a spot tour led ROM teaching staff and learn about our guided tours linked to the curriculum
- Complimentary light refreshments and snacks too!
Pre-registration is now closed. Please register upon arrival at the School Entrance between 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Stay in touch by joining our mailing list for the latest news and offers from ROM Learning!