Celebrate Chinese Cultural Heritage Weekend at the ROM with live music, dance performances, shopping, dinning, and more!
Celebrate Chinese Cultural Heritage Weekend at the ROM on Saturday, April 12 and Sunday, April 13, 2014 with a full weekend of activities including:
· Piano performances featuring the winners of the 2014 Chinese Cultural Centre Piano Competition (11am to 2pm - Samuel Hall Currelly Gallery)
· Interactive workshop showcasing the rich history of China and the reign of the Yellow Emperor and a chance to touch real artifacts, and learn the ancient art of foot binding (11am to 2pm - Digital Gallery)
· Touch tables of Chinese artifacts, and demonstrations by Master Artists (11am to 4pm - Bronfman Hall)
· Listen to exciting stories that bring ancient times to life from our ROM Gallery Interpreters (11am to 4pm - Bronfman Hall)
· Arts and crafts with Chinese paper cutting, Chinese name writing on your very own bookmark or make your own Chinese lantern and folding fan (10am to 4pm – Queen’s Park Rotunda)
· Experience the ancient art of Chinese culture provided by Chinese Tea Culture Canada Inc (11am to 4pm - Bronfman Hall )
· Guided tours through Forbidden City at 12pm and 2pm and Faces to Remember: Chinese Portraits of the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368 -1911) ( 11:30 am, 1:30 pm & 2:30 pm – Meet in Chen Court)
NOTE: $5 with admission to The Forbidden City exhibition.
Where: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2C6, 416.586.8000
When: Saturday, April 12, 2014 and Sunday, April 13, 2014 from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm
Free with museum admission
ROM SOCIAL MEDIA
Watch: ROM YouTube