Invited guest Tsimshan/Dididaht/Nuu-chah-nulth arts educator Pamela Carter, Red Medicine Woman, respectfully reflects on the impact of residential schools. Learners participate in a reflective action-based art activity to advance awareness and compassion.
We recognize that reflecting on the impact of residential schools may not be easy. Below, please find some resources we recommend for anyone who may be struggling:
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 / text 686868
- Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566 / text 45645
- Gerstein Crisis Centre: 416-929-5200
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society (for Survivors, their families, and their communities): 1-800-721-0066
Additional support and resources:
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada Final Report
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada Calls to Action
- Assembly of First Nations Toolkit
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) Deepening Knowledge Project
Zoom webinar recorded on June 7, 2021.
Generously supported by The Slaight Family Foundation.