This time on the ROMKids Show we hop in a time machine and journey back to the dawn of life! Palaeontologist Dr Lucy Chang joins us to talk about the origins of life, evolution, and extinction. Then we'll talk about our brand-new gallery opening this December-- the Willner Madge Gallery, Dawn of Life. Finally, we’ll make our own ammonoid sun catchers!
ACTIVITY: Ammonoid Sun Catchers
- black paper
- clear packing tape
- tissue paper
- Cut a small circular spiral out of black paper. This will be your ammonoid shell.
- Using clear packaging tape, tape one side. You can also use sticky laminating sheets or other clear adhesive paper.
- Place small pieces of colourful tissue paper on to the sticky side of the tape in the open spaces between the spiral.
- With leftover black paper, cut out the ammonoid head and stick it on to the end of your shell where the opening is.
- Once the tissue paper and head is stuck on, cover the sticky side with more clear packaging tape to seal it.
- Cut off any excess tape or tissue paper.
- Hang up in your window and see how the light shines through!