ROMKids and Family Programs uses hands-on learning to highlight our amazing collection and cutting-edge research, takes a multi-disciplinary approach to programming, and works to connect children and their families to the exciting life-long learning available through our camps and public programming. Our programs seek enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who love sharing the ROM with children and families.
Our volunteers help prepare materials, facilitate children's activities, provide excellent service, and escort children. Through this experience volunteers are exposed to many subject areas and experts, allowing them to learn about the various careers available in a museum.
During the 2013/2014 programming season, our 327 volunteers contributed over 28,000 hours! Check out what our volunteers have to say about their experience with ROMKids HERE. Interested in joining our team? See below!
If you are responsible, enthusiastic and enjoy working with children, then we want you for ROM for the Holidays! ROM for the Holidays runs December 26th to January 4th, and will feature programs and activities based on the Museum's exhibits and collections. ROM for the Holidays will feature crafts, scavenger hunts, special shows and guests as well as other fun activities based on that specific program’s theme of wildlife. Volunteers will be stationed throughout the Museum, working with other Museum staff, interacting with visitors, and assisting with a variety of hands-on activities.
How do I Apply?
Simply fill out the application below and return it by mail, e-mail or in person no later than 5:00 PM on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014. To provide everyone with a clear idea of how ROM for the Holidays works and what the role of a volunteer is, we are holding an orientation/information session on Sunday, December 7th, from 10 AM to 2 PM.
More information can be found in the application. Email Kiron Mukherjee at email@example.com if you have have any questions. Good luck!
- Applications for March Break will go out in early February. Check back then or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to mailing list.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 416 586 8043
- Email us to join our mailing list and get the latest updates on our volunteering opportunities!
- For more information on our programs, click HERE!
- Follow us on twitter @ROMKids and on tumblr at romkids.tumblr.com!
- ROMKids volunteer positions are ideal for high school and post secondary students, as well as those interested in a museum, history, science or education based career.