ROMKids uses hands-on learning to highlight our amazing collection and cutting-edge research, takes a multi-disciplinary approach to programming, and works to connect children and their families to the exciting life-long learning available through our camps like Summer Club, March Break Camp and Saturday Club, as well as our early learners program ROMKids Jr. Our programs seek enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who love sharing the Museum with children and families.
Through this experience volunteers are exposed to many subject areas and experts, allowing them to learn about the various careers available in science, history, education, art, and museums.
What do ROMKids volunteers do?
Volunteers act as assistants to the course instructors. Some of the ways they help are by:
- preparing material for activities
- facilitating children's activities
- helping with clean-up after activities
- assisting in escorting children through the Museum and on field trips
- providing supervision during breaks
- support the learning of childrens ages 2 to 16
- learn more about Saturday Club, PD Day Camp, & ROMKids Jr!
During the 2016/2017 programming season, our 230+ volunteers contributed over 26,000 hours! Check out what our volunteers have to say about their experience with ROMKids HERE. Interested in joining our team? See below!
Summer Club 2017
If you are responsible, enthusiastic and enjoy working with children, then we want you!
What isSummer Club? One of the city’s most creative and diverse camps for 75 years, we offer an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of our world-class museum. The ROM’s fascinating galleries, authentic artifacts and outstanding professional staff guarantee that our camp experience will be hard to beat.
How do I Apply? Simply fill out the following form and return it by mail, e-mail or in person no later than 5:00 PM on Wednesday, June 7th, 2017. Forms received after this date will not be processed and you will not be eligible to volunteer for the session. To provide everyone with a clear idea of how ROM Camp works and what the role of a volunteer is, we are holding an orientation/information session on Saturday, June 10th, 2017 from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Attendance is mandatory; you will not be contacted inviting you to the orientation. Only those who attend orientation will be considered for a position. Meet at the Staff Entrance on the south side of the Museum no earlier than 9:45 AM (between the ROM and the Planetarium).
- ROMKids volunteer positions are ideal for high school and post secondary students, as well as those interested in a museum, science, art, history, or education based career.
- Please note that while we do accept volunteers we do not accept co-ops, placements, or interns, at this time.
- For more information on our programs, click HERE!
- Saturday Club and ROMKids Jr volunteer applications for the 2017/2018 year will go out in September 2017.
- Winter Holiday Camp volunteer applications will go up in Fall 2017.
- March Break Camp volunteer applications be available in January 2018.