Youth Cabinet Member
Deadline: Stay tuned for the Fall 2017 deadline!
September - December 2017, with possible succession plan and/or extensions for longer terms to build continuity and a long-term working relationship with the ROM. ROM YC members are expected to attend weekly meetings that are approximately two hours in length but will not exceed four hours. Additional tasks/meetings may be taken on by members, when working towards projects/large events, at their convenience.
About the ROM Youth Cabinet
The ROM Youth Cabinet is a multicultural youth cabinet, comprised of 8-10 members with representation from Toronto, the Greater Toronto Area, and across diverse Indigenous cultures and abilities. The Youth Cabinet uses Indigenous framework with a for-youth-by-youth philosophy to provide youth members with the tools they need to build leadership skills, explore their community, and tell their stories.
Engaging Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth communities through sociological/cultural mapping process that gathers individual and national Indigenous youth perspectives and experiences.
- Youth ages 16-20
- Motivated and passionate about working as a team
- Interested in cultural/world arts
- A drive for creating change and helping community
The Role of Youth Cabinet Members
Youth Cabinet’s role will be to develop projects/events that empowers the Youth Cabinet members and youth that visit/may visit the ROM. The Youth Cabinet’s role will be to also make recommendations to the ROM Learning Department through the Indigenous Outreach & Learning Coordinator. In addition, the Youth Cabinet may be invited for input or request to share their input with other ROM Departments.
Benefits to Applying
- A rewarding and fulfilling experience, opportunities for intellectual and personal enrichment, and community involvement
- Access to ROM events, galleries and behind the scenes FREE of charge
- Education/employment letter of support
- Food and two tokens each meeting
- Volunteer hours, if needed
For more information, please contact the ROM Learning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org