MAINTENANCE MECHANIC – FULL-TIME
Housekeeping and Maintenance Department
(2 permanent positions)
The Royal Ontario Museum is Canada’s pre-eminent international museum and houses important collections in World Cultures and Natural History. It is among the five largest museums in North America by volume and quality of its collections of almost six million beautiful and remarkable objects.
Reporting to the Head, Maintenance and Housekeeping incumbents will perform a wide variety of functions related to the maintenance and upkeep of the Royal Ontario Museum.
|Date de clôture||2013-04-12|
|Salaire||$26.46 per hour|
- Post-secondary education with a technical certification (i.e. Building Environment Systems Operator, millwright, plumbing, electrical, etc.) OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
A minimum of three (3) years of experience with demonstrated hands-on knowledge of:
- mechanical building maintenance (including preventative maintenance)
- heating system maintenance and repair
- air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance and repair
- electrical maintenance and repair (standard voltage systems, lighting, motors etc.)
- plumbing maintenance and repair
- demonstrated knowledge of building fire systems and Fire Codes
- demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario Building Code guidelines
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans, blue prints, drawings and specifications.
Must have proven ability to:
- demonstrate sound decision making
- work independently or in a team environment with equal efficiency
- analyze and solve diverse/complex technical problems in a timely manner
- work with a minimum of supervision
- take initiative in performing the duties of the job
- Must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the job (i.e.: climbing ladders, lifting materials, moving equipment plus have good manual dexterity and accuracy).
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral & written) in English.
- Ability to safely operate stationary power (metal and wood working equipment) and powered hydraulic lifting devices.
How to Apply
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY TO: Human Resources, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto,
Ontario, M5S 2C6; Attention: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator or e-mail
email@example.com Please include Maintenance Mechanic #2013-020 on the
subject line, or Fax: 416-586-5827.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON April 12, 2013
All subsequent temporary job vacancies resulting from this job posting will be filled from the applications received. Employees/individuals interested in this or any subsequent temporary assignment should apply to the job posting.