A selection of programs for new parents and early learners allows families to explore the Museum and its collections.
For adults with children up to 2 years.
Get out of the house and spend some time as a ROM Mom or ROM Dad! Join us for six weeks of tours, socializing and fun learning amid the Museums'scollections. Led by a ROM Instructor, you will enjoy adult conversation and learning in a baby-friendly atmosphere: you visit the Museum's galleries (and take a break in our Kinderstudio) while your little one sleeps, eats, and plays along with you.
What are ROM Mom participants saying about the program?
- "The instructor was very knowledgeable and passionate. We got a lot of insight."
- "So fun to meet people, see artifacts and get a tour."
For children ages 2 to 4, accompanied by an adult.
Younger siblings welcome.
Inspire your child's imagination and foster a sense of discovery. Learn how to explore the ROM's collections through the eyes of a child. Take your little one on an eight-week sensory adventure: tour the galleries with our early learning educators, join in creative play-based activities and encourage healthy social interaction in a classroom setting. Plus, you'll meet other parents, caregivers and children and learn how to engage your child in interactive learning for life.
- "Such a wonderful program – my daughter and I have a great time together!"
- "The lessons are always at the right level so my son retains the information and is eager to share it with others."
- "Great for the kids – and I enjoyed it myself... so much I became a ROM member!"