Originally planned for June 2021, this trip has been rescheduled to 2023 due to COVID-19.
Spend ten days abroad the Ocean Endeavour sailing in comfort from Aberdeen, through the Orkneys and Shetland then through the Inner and Outer Hebrides, including Islay, Iona, Skye, and Lewis before ending in Glasgow. Savour Scotland. Slowly!!
Highlights of the tour include:
- Take a walking tour of Aberdeen.
- Visit Fair Isle, once a Viking hub.
- Experience island life on Foula, at 23 kilometres from Shetland, the most remote inhabited island in the United Kingdom.
- At the massive Saint Magnus Cathedral in Kirkwall, Orkney, dating from 1137, stop at the grave of John Rae, famed Orcadian Arctic explorer, and then visit his childhood home. Visit the 4,000 year old Ring of Brodga, a Unesco World Heritage site.
- In Stornoway, on the Isle of Lewis, shop for Harris tweed, hand woven from wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides, before visiting Callanish’s standing stones, one of Britain’s most important Stone Age sites.
- Watch nesting seabirds at Saint Kilda, the largest seabird colony in the United Kingdom.
- View the stunning landscape of Skye, backed by the Cullin Mountains.
- On Iona, see the sea caves that inspired Mendelssohn’s overture “The Hebrides” and Saint Columba’s Abbey, the burial place of kings.
- Sample the world famous whisky from Bowmore on the island of Islay. Visit the Loch Finlaggan historic site, home of the Lords of the Isles and Clan Donald, and Gruinart Nature Reserve, a thriving habitat for barnacle goose, hen harriers and corncrakes.
- Enjoy an exclusive pre-trip event
- Reconnect with your fellow travellers at the ROMTravel reunion.
From $6,395 United States Dollars per person depending on cabin category
International flights not included
Fuel surcharge of $770 Canadian Dollars per person
For more information, please contact ROMTravel Coordinator:
Virginia Van Vliet
Phone: 905.271.4000 or 1.800.363.7566 extension 1
Tico Registration Numbers 4001400 and 50021860
More of what you’ll experience
Date & Time
- Saturday June 3 to Wednesday June 14, 2023
For questions regarding accessibility on the trip, or to request an alternative format of the brochure or newsletter for accessibility purposes, please contact
ROMTravel trip coordinator, Virginia Van Vliet.
ROM membership is your best value! Join now and save on selected programs and events.