Originally planned for August 2021, this trip has been scheduled to August 12 - 24, 2022 due to COVID-19.
The Canadian Arctic. Iconic. Majestic. A huge part of the way we view ourselves.
Vast ice floes, polar bears, walrus, seals, caribou, pack ice and huge icebergs the size of hotels calving off the glaciers. The arctic summer with wildlife abounding and wild flowers spread across the tundra. Franklin’s expedition doomed while searching for the North West passage. The Inuit way of life and art.
But for how long? Our Arctic is changing quickly and perhaps forever. Climate change affects all of it.
ROMTravel invites you to come see the Canadian High Arctic, before it disappears, in a truly unique and exclusive experience that only ROMTravel provides. Your special Resource Person and guide to understanding the arctic ecosystem is Canada’s favourite science journalist, Bob McDonald, of CBC’s Quirks and Quarks. Bob makes science accessible, entertaining and fascinating. He has been reporting on and studying climate change for 30 years.
Come travel some of the famous Northwest Passage with us. If you have ever wanted to go, now is the time, and this is the once and only trip of its kind from ROMTravel. You will be looked after and stimulated as ROMTravel has become known for and loved by our travellers. It will be the experience of a lifetime, full of images, memories and people never to be forgotten.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Visit the Franklin Expedition graves at Beechey Island.
- Seek wildlife in Tallurutiup Imanga (Lancaster Sound), Canada’s largest and newest Marine Protected Area.
- Hike on Devon Island, the largest uninhabited island on Earth.
- Enjoy an Inuit cultural welcome at Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet).
- Marvel at the tundra in summer bloom.
- Watch icebergs calving from Greenland’s glaciers.
- Travel and dine with renowned science journalist Bob McDonald as your ROMTravel expert.
- Attend exclusive pre-trip events and learn more about Arctic culture, art, and wildlife.
- Enjoy a private expedition orientation from Adventure Canada.
- Join an exclusive tour of the Museum of Nature in Ottawa with a special "Taste of the Arctic" cuisine reception.
- Attend two private onboard presentations and a guided bridge tour.
- Reconnect with your fellow travelers at the ROMTravel Reunion.
Depends on cabin category.
Interrnational flights not included.
To request an application form, please contact the Travel Agency.
For more information, please contact the ROMTravel Coordinator:
Phone: 905.271.4000 or 1.800.363.7566 extension 1
Tico Registration Numbers 4001400 and 50021860
Your Expert for the Trip:
Bob McDonald is host of CBC’s Quirks and Quarks and Science Correspondent for The National. He has won numerous science journalism awards. Bob also accompanied a ROMTravel trip to Chile and Easter Island, and to Russia.
More of what you’ll experience:
Date & Time
- August 12 to 24, 2022
For questions regarding accessibility on the trip, or to request an alternative format of the brochure or newsletter for accessibility purposes, please contact ROMTravel at firstname.lastname@example.org
ROM membership is your best value! Join now and save on selected programs and events.