We will visit Star City, just outside Moscow, the once secret site to train the pride of the Soviet Union, Russian cosmonauts. Canada’s Chris Hadfield trained in its full-sized Soyuz capsules.
We will visit the great sites of Moscow too… Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral, and the Kremlin.
Then on to see the greatest treasures of the Old Russian Empire in St. Petersburg with its renowned palaces, canals and a jewel of the art world – the Hermitage.
Your host for this unique trip will be Bob McDonald of CBC’s Quirks and Quarks.
Highlights of the tour include:
- Meet a Soviet cosmonaut in Star City.
- Special early entrance to the Kremlin.
- Privileged access to and private tour of the Hermitage Museum.
- A performance at either the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow or the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg.
- Private canal cruise in St. Petersburg.
- Lunch with an ex-KGB agent.
Double Occupancy: $11,490 per person
Single Supplement: $ 2,100
Merit Travel Group Inc.
416.366.5268 ext 4259 or 1.866.341.1777
TICO Ontario Registration #: 4499356
Your Expert for the Trip
Bob McDonald is Host of CBC’s Quirks and Quarks and Science Correspondent for The National. He has won numerous science journalism awards. Bob also accompanied a ROMTravel trip to Chile and Easter Island.
Let our expert be your guide!
More of what you’ll experience