Bunk down for the night at Toronto’s ultimate backstage museum pass at the Royal Ontario Museum!
Before bedtime, visitors are invited to get up close to Museum artifacts with exclusive after-hours access to our galleries, speak with ROM experts, enjoy a special movie screening, and make your own souvenir to take home. Plus don't miss the PJ karaoke and late night snack!
ROMKids Sleepovers include:
- Admission to the ROM for the evening and the following day of your event
- A special film screening of Night at the Museum, Part 1 or 2 (subject to change without notice)
- Exclusive exploration of one of the ROM’s most popular galleries
- Access to the ROM’s Hands-On Galleries: CIBC Discovery Gallery, and Patrick and Barbara Keenan Family Gallery of Hands-on Biodiversity
- Hands-on, age-appropriate crafts and activities
- Opportunities to touch real artifacts from the collections
- Karaoke PJ Party
- A late night snack and morning continental breakfast
- Spending a night sleeping in the Museum!
For children ages 5 and up.
Adult (19+) supervision required (1 adult to 5 children).
Families and groups of any size are invited to register.
Tickets on sale to RPC/YPC/DPC Members November 7.
Tickets on sale to Members November 8.
Tickets on sale to General Public November 9.
|Friday, February 8, 2019||SOLD OUT|
*Note: There will be only one sleepover offered for the 2019 season and it's on February 8th.
|Group (10 or more)||$77||$77|
Prices are listed per person. HST will be added to the cost of the ticket.
Sleepovers include admission to the ROM for the evening and following day.
Location & Parking
See Tickets on sale to RPC/YPC/DPC Members November 7. Tickets on sale to Members November 8. Tickets on sale to General Public November 9. Location & Parking for complete directions, parking information and maps.
The ROM does not provide parking facilities. Public parking is located near the Museum.
Please enter the Museum through the President's Choice School Entrance, located at the south end of the building on Queen’s Park.
What to Bring
Visitors will bunk down for the night in Samuel Hall Currelly Gallery and Canada Court. To make your stay comfortable, we suggest you pack:
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat (our floors are not carpeted)
- Comfortable sleeping clothes
|5:00 pm -7:45 pm||Check-In and place your belongings in a locker for storage|
|5:00 pm - 8:00 pm||Explore the ROM's galleries and exhibitions|
|7:00 pm - 9:00 pm||
Film screening of Night at the Museum, Part 1 or 2
*Attendance to the film is optional. Film is followed by a sleepover orientation. Film may change without notice
ROM closes to the general public.
Proceed to the ROM Theatre for sleepover orientation.
|9:30 pm - 11:45 pm||Exploration of sleepover exhibits.|
|9:30 pm- 11:45 pm||Hands-on craft activities|
|10:00 pm- 11:30 pm||Late night snack in Druxy's|
|10:00 pm - 11:30 pm||Karaoke PJ Party!|
|12 midnight||Bedtime - lights out!|
|7:00 am||Wake up|
|7:00 am - 7:30 am||Pack up your sleeping gear for storage in lockers|
|7:00 am - 8:30 am||Breakfast in the Druxy's|
|7:30 am - 10:00 am||Explore the sleepover exhibits|
|9:00 am - 10:00 am||ROM Museum Store open exclusively for sleepover participants|
|10:00 am||ROM reopens to the general public|
Will there be extra supervision and security?
- Group leaders/organizers are responsible for supervision of their participants.
- The minimum supervision ratio is one adult, leader or supervisor (19 yrs +) to five children (5 yrs +).
- The ROM has special emergency procedures and protocols for overnight events. All sleepover participants are trained in fire-drill procedures at the beginning of the night.
- Security staff and sleepover program staff remain in the building throughout the night.
What will be served for the late night snack and breakfast?
- The late night snack (10:00 - 11:30 pm) will include a cheese or pepperoni pizza slice, popcorn or chips, juice box or milk/soymilk or chocolate milk.
- The continental breakfast (7:00 - 9:00 am) will include scrambled eggs (plain) or scrambled eggs with ham or bacon, mini bagels, cereal, yogurt with honey or fruit or granola, whole fruit, white and chocolate milk or juice, and coffee or tea.
Can I bring my own food?
- No outside food or beverages will be allowed into the Museum. Your snack and breakfast must be consumed in the designated eating area. Food provided is nut free, but kitchen facilities do handle foods with nuts, so we cannot guarantee a nut free environment.
What do I do if I have a food allergy?
- In the case of food allergies or restrictions, participants may bring their own food in clearly marked containers to be consumed within the designated eating area only.
- Please note that no refrigeration or heating facilities are available.
- If we are provided with details about the food restriction two weeks in advance of the sleepover, we will try to accommodate your request. Please note requests cannot be guaranteed, in which case you will be permitted to bring your own food.
Where is the ROM and is there parking?
- The ROM is located at the corner of Bloor Street and Queen's Park in downtown Toronto. ROMKids Sleepover guests are asked to use the Museum's President's Choice School Entrance located at the south end of the building on Queen's Park. For details, please see the floor plans. See Location & Parking for complete directions, parking information and maps.
For program updates join our email list .