Art beyond borders. Experiences without limits.
ROM After Dark is the popular monthly adult (19+) event series that features curated music, visual arts, performances, and distinctive food and drink.
Inspired by ROM’s groundbreaking original exhibition on women artists from the Islamic world and beyond, RAD: Being and Belonging features spectacular performances, thrilling interactives, and the chance to meet some of the incredible artists behind the exhibition. Plus, each visitor gets a free drink ticket* and access to all our exhibitions, including Being and Belonging, which features more than 100 works of art, from traditional Uzbek coats woven with images of Darth Vader to stiletto pumps made from gleaming steel razor blades.
Tickets go on sale on Monday, August 28 (Patrons/Members) and Tuesday, August 29 (General Public)
Visitors will be asked for valid photo government ID upon arrival. Digital copies will not be permitted.
Tickets must be purchased in advance and are not available at the door.
- Zaki Ibrahim: Defying genre and geography, Zaki’s thrilling Afrofuturism blends spoken word, hip-hop, soul, house, and 70s pop
- Tara Moneka: Brimming with blissfully chill energy, Baghdad-born Tara Moneka’s music unites cultures and uplifts women’s rights
- Jai Smith Belly Dancing Workshop: Get ready for a belly dancing extravaganza! Jai Smith (Her Buddha Belly) and guest dancers spotlight Arabic dance diversity in their dynamic workshop
- Live Performance with Tazeen Qayyum: A not-to-be-missed live art performance, Tazeen teams up with a musical guest for an unforgettable creative fusion experience
- Obuxum: Dance the night away to the Somali-Canadian electronic music producer and beat maker, whose lush and characteristic sound celebrates storytelling
- Meet the Artists: Hana Elmasry, Sumaira Tazeen, and Huda Lutfi—three remarkable artists from Being and Belonging—hold court inside the exhibition, offering insights into their creations, inspirations, and practice
- Comedy Showcase: Get ready to laugh with Toronto's top Muslim comedians, Aliya Kanani, Nour Hadidi, and Saba Akhtar
- Henna Artists: Celebrating the beautiful practice of henna body adornment, two local artists will be showcasing their expertise in crafting stunning designs.
Plus, enjoy large-scale games, a tarot card design workshop with Alize Zorlutuna, a live set from DJ Loosey Lou and DJ Martina Bósèdé, and much, much more!
*Drink ticket will be issued to ticket holder upon building entry. Please drink responsibly.