The Royal Ontario Museum’s Library and Archives is seeking a second-year student in the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information to work on the reference and retrieval desks in the Library’s Sackler Reading Room and Far Eastern Library. You will retrieve book and journal requests from the closed stacks and rare book collections; answer reference questions from staff, students, faculty and the general public using Library and Internet resources, assist clients in accessing on-line resources and supervise the use of rare and archival resources.
|Department||Library & Archives|
|Salary||$23.70 per hour|
- Completion of a first full year of studies in FI. Strong reference skills required;
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in the earth or life sciences, art history, archaeology or anthropology;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a post-graduate degree in one of the subject areas relevant to ROM collections and research;
- Excellent communication skills required. English language skills are mandatory;
- Experience with SIRSI WorkFlows and Microsoft programs is an asset.
HOURS PER WEEK: Approximately 5 hours per week on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons: October, 2013 - March, 2014
How to Apply
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m. on September 6, 2013 to:
Mara Gunner, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6.
Fax: 416-586-5827 or e-mail: humanresources @rom.on.ca. Please include competition
#2013-072 – Library Student Assistant on the subject line.