(September 2013 to June 2014 – Fall/Winter/Spring Sessions)
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is seeking 10-16 individuals to fill the role of Instructor for our ROM Kids Programming. Instructors will develop and design course content and deliver course materials to students of various ages and abilities. Applicable programs include: Saturday Morning Club, ROM Moms, ESL groups, etc. Subject areas include but are not limited to: History, Astronomy, Visual Arts, Clay, Dungeons & Dragons, Nature and Science.
• Develop and plan course content based on description and direction provided by the Manager
• Produce a course plan document and written day-by-day description for parents
• Deliver course activities based on plan and description
• Follow daily schedules and routines
• Manage behaviour of children, ensuring a safe and enjoyable educational experience for each child in the group
• Ensure safe and proper use of museum materials and specimens
• Supervise and direct assigned volunteers
• Provide feedback for volunteers
|Salary||$26.49 per hour|
• University degree in a museum-related subject (e.g. Classics/Ancient Civilizations/Archaeology/Anthropology/Sciences) OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience. Formal teaching qualifications and ESL qualifications are a definite asset.
• A minimum of one year experience teaching children in an educational setting
• Proven research, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Firm grasp and experience in sound behaviour/classroom management techniques
• First Aid/CPR certification are definite assets
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter which provides information about program themes you feel most qualified to instruct based both on academic background and/or previous instruction experience. In addition, please indicate the programs you are available to instruct. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a Criminal Background Check specific to individuals who work with children or vulnerable persons.
STARTING DATE: September 2013
SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. FAX (416) 586-5827; email email@example.com. Please include Competition #2013-070 ROM Kids Studio Instructors on the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: August 23, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.