The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is internationally renowned for its collections of nearly six million artifacts. At the ROM, people of all ages and backgrounds find objects and experiences that inspire wonder and understanding of the immense diversity of human civilization and the natural world.
The ROM is seeking a temporary candidate for the post of Manager, Audience Insight. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced insight practitioner to join our team and lead the management of visitor metrics, which include: tracking, measurement, analysis and reporting to senior executives and peers. Additionally the incumbent will consolidate all museum specific measures into a common system improving reporting and providing a broader perspective on the museum’s brand. The Manager, Audience Insight will also lead the vendor management process and assist staff with the delivery of experiences which exceed expectations and meet the museum’s new strategic objectives.
This position will report to the Assistant Vice President, Audience and will be the voice of the visitor within the museum and will identify strategic focus and continuous improvements for the organization.
|Salary||based on $73,137.00 - $86,044.00 per annum|
• Minimum 8 years of experience leading and executing data driven analysis to solve business/organizational objectives; proven ability to lead the design, production and interpretation of strategic visitor and market insights (both qualitative and quantitative) and evaluation analysis.
• University degree in mathematics, statistics, marketing, museum/visitor studies or a related field is preferred
• Experience conducting and moderating focus groups, tracking visitor patterns and behaviour through observational studies; experience interviewing audiences through intercepts
• Extensive knowledge and practical application of research and performance evaluation methodologies, systems and practices including the design and analysis of detailed visitor data online as needed
• A solid understanding of research ethics, in particular pertaining to human subjects
• Expert in the formation and application of customer decision rule sets and comment card analysis
• Adept at presenting complex information and insights clearly and concisely to different audiences
• Highly experienced with SAS, SQL, SPSS or other analytics tools and language is required
• Experience with instrument design, analysis, and reporting with demonstrated sensitivity to diversity and diversity issues
• Experience leading direct reports and teams
• Superior written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and partners
• Self-starter who can drive results in a dynamic and evolving environment and who has a solid understanding of business practices, project planning and resource management
• Must be highly collaborative to work with various colleagues, particularly in the departments of Marketing, Audience, Interpretative Planning, Creative, Research & Collections, Learning, Programs and Membership
• Knowledge of Museums, Art Galleries or Attractions and experience working with external partners
How to Apply
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO:
Mara Gunner, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; email: email@example.com Fax #416-586-5827; – please quote Competition #2013-066 – Manager, Audience Contract in the subject line.
Prior to 5:00 P.M. on: August 23, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.