The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is seeking occasional, part-time Visitor/Member Representatives. These positions are part of a rotating schedule. Shifts may be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. The successful candidates must be available to attend mandatory training and scheduled staff meetings.
All incumbents are required to work during ROM Friday Night Live events. The ROM will be a liquor sales licensed establishment on Friday evenings. Preference will be given to those individuals who are at least 18 years of age. The successful candidate will be required to wear a uniform provided by the ROM.
The ROM is seeking outgoing, energetic, sales-oriented candidates to provide exceptional front line customer and sales service to all visitors and members of the Museum for the purpose of enhancing visitor experience, maximizing revenue potential, and increasing the overall retention rate of members. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• providing information and direction to visitors
• promoting museum products to visitors, which includes but is not limited to:
memberships, gift cards, tours, souvenir books, coat check and CityPass
• responding to visitor complaints
• ability to meet sales targets
• reporting customer service issues to the Lead Concierge or Supervisors as needed
• sales transactions including general admissions, memberships, programs etc.
• operating a computerized ticketing system
• admission access control (this includes standing for extended periods of time)
• providing customer service
• preparing daily cash reconciliation, cash floats and cash sheets
|Salary||$20.02 per hour|
- Secondary school diploma. Certification in hospitality or customer services OR an acceptable equivalent would be considered an asset.
- At least one (1) year experience working in the hospitality and tourism field or sales environment with a strong background in customer service, including experience handling cash, guest relations and telephone reception.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Demonstrated oral proficiency in French or another language is required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle public inquiries and complaints with tact and diplomacy.Demonstrated cash handling experience. Experience with computerized ticketing systems, Point of Sale (POS) and gift card redemption systems would be an asset.
- Experience with Word, Excel and database applications. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Ability to be reliable and arrive for shifts on time is crucial.
- Must be accurate in all transactions (i.e. cash and data entry) and in disseminating information to visitors.
- Must be Smart Served Certified.
- Must be available to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday and at least 2 weekday days (defined as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) and attend staff training held after operating hours with proper notice.
How to Apply
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources and Organizational Development Department, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6 Fax: 416-586-5827 or e-mail email@example.com. Please include Competition #2013-065 - Visitor/Member Representatives on the subject line.
PRIOR to 5:00 p.m. on August 22, 2013.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.