These positions are part of a rotating schedule. Shifts may be scheduled anytime from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
The Lead Concierge coordinates the operation of the Admission Desk and the switchboard. (S)he briefs and assigns staff to positions required as part of the daily operation, monitors staff activities, assigns work and oversees all aspects of the cash operation. (S)he acts as a Concierge to the ROM, dealing with visitor complaints, troubleshoots and problem solves, liaises with other departments as required, and reports on daily activities to the Supervisor in a fast paced environment. (S)he is responsible for handling all cash taken in through the front of house operation: coaching towards meeting sales targets, issuing floats, maintaining the safe, ordering change, overseeing end of day reconciliations. (S)he assists in back of house responsibilities such as limited programming of the automated ticketing system, running reports as needed, and other duties as assigned. The Lead Concierge covers for the Supervisor during absences.
|Salary||$25.03 per hour|
- Secondary school diploma. Certification in hospitality or customer services OR an acceptable equivalent would be considered an asset.
- At least two (2) years experience in customer service or the hospitality industry. Demonstrated supervisory experience is required.
- Experience training staff and preparing work schedules.Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Demonstrated oral proficiency in French is required. Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills. Proven ability to handle public inquiries and complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Smart Serve Certified.
- Demonstrated cash handling experience. Ticketing system experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrated intermediate Microsoft Office experience and skill. Raiser’s Edge experience would be an asset.
How to Apply
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources and Organizational Development Department, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6 Fax: 416-586-5827 or e-mail email@example.com. Please include Competition #2013-062 - Lead Concierge on the subject line.
PRIOR to 5:00 p.m. on August 22, 2013.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Priority will be given to qualified internal applicants.