Centre for ROM Contemporary Culture (RCC)
6-month part-time position
The Royal Ontario Museum currently requires a well-motivated individual to working under the direction of the Manager, Adult Programs. The successful candidate will coordinate, implement and evaluate approved programs from the ROM Contemporary Culture Program Plan and track budget lines for assigned programs.
• Implement RCC Programs. Follow established procedural guidelines to ensure program coordination and execution. Liaise with Museum staff in various departments to facilitate program delivery. Prepare promotion for the programs;
• Evaluate approved Programs to ensure effectiveness and makes recommendations for future delivery. Share evaluation results with other team members;
• Track the budgets for assigned programs and negotiate contracts for services;
• Negotiate loans of objects for teaching and other programs. Responsible for collections management procedures for objects on loan;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Salary||$25.03 per hour|
• A Degree in a Museum-related discipline. A graduate degree in Education, Museum Studies, Fine Art, or another related field would be considered an asset.
• A minimum of three (3) years but less than five (5) years experience in program development and administration in a cultural institution with demonstrated strength of event planning, team leadership, organizational skills, problem solving skills, and experience in promoting programs.
• Excellent knowledge of the principles of lifelong learning and the needs of broadly diverse audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• A strong commitment to customer service.
• Effective oral and written communication skills and strong conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability in track and control program budgets.
• Flexible work hours - requiring availability and willingness to work evenings.
• Computer literacy.
START DATE: ASAP UNION AFFILIATION: OPSEU Local 543 (Part-Time)
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 mths or 480 hrs
How to Apply
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-052 – RCC Program Coordinator in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: June 28, 2013