Coordinator – Administrative Projects
Communication Department and Program Department
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) seeks a highly-motivated individual that will support senior staff in the Engagement Division. You will provide project coordination for a variety of special projects and administrative support to the V.P. Communication and the V.P Program. You will work with staff from a variety of areas including Public Relations, Marketing, Creative, Program, Interpretive Planning, Exhibitions, Collections and Research and Hospitality and Commercial Services.
- Provide confidential administrative support including scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, meeting materials, tracking follow-up items, assisting with travel arrangements, and maintaining budgets, processing invoices etc.
- Presentation and report preparation: compiling reports on projects, creating presentations using PowerPoint, providing support materials;
- Project Coordination: including gallery initiatives, identifying key stakeholders and resources for the project; scheduling meetings, creating timelines and tracking budgets.
|Salary||$48,590 - $55,531 per annum|
- Must have completed a university program with at least three years directly related experience or equivalent in education and experience. A Museum Studies degree is an asset;
- Demonstrated knowledge in utilizing the most current software and spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat, electronic mail software and experience using the internet for research purposes;
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Proven organizational, high level analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills to develop and coordinate schedules and office systems;
- Experience in establishing, monitoring and maintaining departmental accounts and financial records;
- Well developed project management skills and project coordination skills;
- Familiarity with the gallery design process in an asset.
How to Apply
UNION: OPSEU Local 543
PROBATION: 6 months
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-040 – Coordinator, Administrative Projects in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: May 17, 2013