ROM Summer Club is one of Toronto's most creative and diverse summer day camps, offering an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of a world-class museum. Subject areas include but are not limited to History, Astronomy, Visual Arts, Clay, Dungeons & Dragons, Nature and Science. For more information visit www.rom.on.ca and click on "Summer Club 2013".
The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking several responsible individuals to fill this role for our ROM Summer Club program.
• Develop and plan course content based on description and direction given by Programs Coordinator
• Produce course plan document and written day-by-day description for parents
• Deliver course activities based on plan and description
• Follow daily schedules and routines
• Manage behaviour of children, ensuring a safe and enjoyable educational experience for each child in the group
• Ensure safe and proper use of museum materials, specimens
• Supervise and direct assigned assistants
• Provide feedback for volunteers and paid assistants
• Post Secondary degree or equivalent in a museum-related discipline
• A minimum of one (1) year experience instructing children in an educational/camp setting
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Firm grasp of sound behaviour/classroom management techniques
• Formal teaching qualifications and First Aid/CPR certification are definite assets
• Experience/education in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: film/video production, ceramics, leadership training, science, storytelling, environmental education, illustration
How to Apply
A cover letter should accompany each résumé. Include in this letter information pertaining to First Aid certifications, and programs you feel most qualified to instruct based both on academic background and/or former instruction experience. Indicate the sessions you are available to instruct and confirm your availability to attend mandatory orientations on May 26, 2013. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a Criminal Background Check specific to individuals who work with children or vulnerable persons.
STARTING DATE: May 26 – August 30, 2013
SALARY: $28.01 per hour
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-030 – SC Instructor in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: April 12, 2013
Priority will be given to qualified internal and returning applicants.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.