ROM Summer Club is one of Toronto's most creative and diverse summer day camps, offering an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of a world-class museum. For more information visit www.rom.on.ca and click on "Summer Club 2013".
The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking two (2) well-organized individuals to perform a variety of functions for our ROM Summer Club program.
• Assisting with daily operations – i.e. staffing/scheduling; supervising daily routine of camp; overseeing supervision of breaks and lunches
• Managing supplies and space – i.e. tracking spending on supplies; sourcing and collecting supplies; overseeing lab and gallery assignments; maintaining studio and inventory; overseeing south entrance storage; overseeing clean up
• Assisting with payroll functions
• Ensuring health and safety and first aid reporting
• Collecting and organizing any incident reports
• Supervising lead assistants, assistant staff and volunteer team
• Performing other duties as required, i.e. distributing t-shirts, formatting course descriptions, overseeing pre-care or extended care, etc.
• A minimum of 4 years of educational/camp experience
• Excellent customer service/communication skills
• Proven leadership abilities are essential
• Well developed time management and organizational skills
• Ability to handle moderate to heavy physical labour
• Good conflict resolution skills
• Intermediate computer literacy
• Well developed administrative skills
• First Aid/CPR certification is a definite asset
How to Apply
A cover letter should accompany each résumé. Please indicate your work availability and the ability to attend several mandatory orientations scheduled for May 21, 24, 26, June 15 & 16, 2013. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a Criminal Background Check specific to individuals who work with children or vulnerable persons.
STARTING DATE: May 21 – September 6, 2013
SALARY: $14.75 per hour
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-028 – SC Heads in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: April 12, 2013
Priority will be given to qualified internal and returning applicants.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.