ROM Summer Club is one of Toronto's most creative and diverse summer day camps, offering an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of a world-class museum. For more information, visit www.rom.on.ca and click on "Summer Club 2013".
The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking four (4) responsible individuals to fill this role for the ROM Summer Club program.
• act in a leadership role for the ROM's Summer Club
• provide leadership to one of four teams of assistants in daily duties (e.g. - greeting and escorting children; supervising break, lunch, and end-of-day routines)
• supervise extended care program
• supervise clean up and participate in clean up activities
• ensure suitable performance of team members
• aid instructors with attendance
• assist with material preparation
• assist instructor in moving groups through the Museum and on field trips
• facilitate children's activities
• model positive behaviour
• act in a friendly and courteous manner to parents and children at all times
• Lead Assistants should have at least two years experience working with children in an educational/camp environment and be able to work cooperatively with other team members.
• The following additional qualifications are strong assets:
• Secondary education in a Museum-related field (Art, Archaeology, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, History)
• Coaching/lifeguard certification
• First aid/CPR certification
• Proven leadership abilities are essential.
How to Apply
A cover letter should accompany each résumé indicating your work availability and the ability to attend several mandatory orientations planned for May 24, June 6, 15, & 16, 2013. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a Criminal Background Check specific to individuals who work with children or vulnerable persons.
STARTING DATE: May 24 – August 30, 2013
SALARY: $11.75 per hour
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-027 – SC Lead Assistant in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: April 12, 2013
Priority will be given to qualified internal and returning applicants.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.