ROM Summer Club is one of Toronto's most creative and diverse summer day camps, offering an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of a world-class museum. For more information, visit www.rom.on.ca and click on "Summer Club 2013".
The ROM is seeking 35-45 responsible individuals to fill this role for the ROM Summer Club program.
• Aid instructors with attendance
• Assist with material preparation
• Assist with clean-up activities
• Supervise children during breaks and lunch
• Assist instructor in moving groups through the Museum and on field trips
• Facilitate children’s activities
• Model positive behaviour
• Act in a friendly and courteous manner to parents and children at all times
• Assistants require at least one year experience working with children in an educational/camp environment and are able to work cooperatively with other team members.
• Successful candidates must be 16 years of age by the start of the contract.
• The following additional qualifications are strong assets:
• Secondary education in a Museum-related field (Art, Archaeology, Life Sciences, Earth Science, History)
• Coaching/lifeguard certification
• First Aid/CPR is an asset
How to Apply
A cover letter should accompany each résumé indicating your work availability and the ability to attend two mandatory orientations on May 26 & June 15, 2013. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a Criminal Background Check specific to individuals who work with children or vulnerable persons.
STARTING DATE: May 26 – August 30, 2013
SALARY: $10.75 per hour
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-026 – SC Assistant in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: April 12, 2013
Priority will be given to qualified internal and returning applicants.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.