PART-TIME CONTRACT POSITION
(ASAP to September 6, 2013)
The Royal Ontario Museum’s Studio organizes ROM Kids programming. The ROM Studio offers an opportunity for children and families to enjoy special activities, events and programs that introduce the Museum’s vast natural history, art and archaeology collections in a fun and interactive way.
The successful candidate will provide support for the daily administrative operations and maintenance of the ROM Studio and related children’s programming. The incumbent will assist in the running of the Studio and in training, scheduling and supervision of volunteers and staff. The Studio Assistant maintains supplies, assists in maintaining the equipment and support materials for the Studio, and conducts a variety of administrative tasks.
The incumbent will assist the Assistant Coordinator during the operations of various ROM Kids programs running on scheduled Saturdays, weekdays, evening and sleepover time periods.
|Salary||$22.38 per hour|
• Must have completed a minimum of two years post-secondary study toward a university degree in a museum-related field
• Must have at least one year experience working with volunteers in a child-centered educational environment or museum setting with demonstrated strength in team leadership
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Proven customer service skills and the ability to communicate in a tactful and mature manner
• Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong computer literacy, including working knowledge of applicable software packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
• Must be prepared to work flexible hours including weekend, evening, overnight programs as needed.
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: ASAP
UNION: OPSEU Part-time Local 543
STARTING SALARY: $22.38 per hour
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-022 – ROM Studio Asst. in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM: March 17, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.