Senior Management Office
Full-time Exempt position
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is currently seeking a well-motivated individual to assist the Secretary to the Board of Trustees. The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a recording secretary, parliamentary procedure, relevant Acts and by-laws including Freedom of Information regulations to assist the Board Chair/Trustees.
• Coordinate, organize, and attend all Board of Trustee meetings, related committees, and other meetings, as the recording secretary, producing minutes for the approval of the appropriate Board/Committee.
• Organize and coordinate all meetings for assigned committees. Complete follow-up and staff work required by these committees and/or assigned by the Secretary to the Board.
• Compose, edit, and prepare complex correspondence, reports for the Board and/or Chair/Trustees for appropriate distribution.
• Provide general administrative assistance to the Secretary to the Board including gathering and evaluating information and providing background information, as required.
• Maintain Board Policies and Management Practices and track the review schedule and dissemination.
• Carry out assigned projects, remaining accountable for the results.
• Ensure secretarial support to the committee chairs of the Board of Trustees.
• Plan and co-ordinate social functions for the Board of Trustees, as assigned.
• Maintain and develop record management for all Board and Committee material and office management systems.
• In the absence of the Secretary to the Board, carry out the assigned responsibilities and functions of the Secretary, as directed.
• Act as a resource to Chair/Trustees/Staff regarding relevant Acts, Board by-laws and parliamentary procedure.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
|Department||Senior Management/Board of Trustees|
|Salary||$69,000 - $81,177 per annum|
• Requires a University degree in business/policy administration OR an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Requires a minimum of six (6) years experience as a recording secretary which includes three (3) years at a senior level.
• Knowledge of parliamentary procedure, familiarity with relevant Acts, and by-law preparation.
• Experience using Microsoft Office software and other audio visual equipment.
• Working knowledge of Museum policies, procedures, practices, organization and programs.
• Proven oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and excellent analytical abilities.
• Initiative, superior judgement and decision making ability within established guidelines and practices, and on occasion extrapolate from the established.
• Detail-oriented with excellent proof-reading/editing skills, is required.
• Ability to act as part of a team, both leader and participant.
How to Apply
START DATE: August 1, 2014
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, (preferred) email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2014-053 – Asst. Secretary to the Board in the subject line, or fax (416) 586-5827.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: July 1, 2014
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ROM wishes to 'Thank' everyone that applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.