CONTRACT LIBRARIAN POSITION
(FULL-TIME, March 3 – May 30, 2014)
The Royal Ontario Museum’s Library and Archives is seeking a qualified librarian to conduct a weeding and de-accessioning project of its journal collection in the Main Library. The project will require identification of ROM holdings that are available full-text in electronic format, determining print holdings within the University of Toronto Libraries, and de-selection of titles for off-site storage.
|Department||Library & Archives|
- Completion of a graduate degree in library and information studies from an ALA-accredited program.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous museum library experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- Experience with the University of Toronto Libraries online catalogue required.
- Experience with Microsoft programs is an asset.
How to Apply
HOURS PER WEEK: 35 hours per week
SALARY: Librarian I as determined by the ROMCA Collective Agreement.
Please send your resume before 5:00 PM on February 27, 2014 to:
Mara Gunner, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6.
Fax: 416-586-5827 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include competition #2014-011 Contract Librarian Position on the subject line.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.