“ROM for the Holidays 2013” and “March Break 2014”
CHILDREN’s & FAMILY PROGRAMMING and LEARNING DEPARTMENTS
The Royal Ontario Museum currently requires well-motivated individuals to staff activity stations in various galleries during two holiday periods. The seasonal holiday break period (December 26, 2013 to January 5, 2014) and March Break (March 8-16, 2014).
• facilitate children’s activities at various programmed gallery stations
• assist with material preparation
• assist with clean-up activities
• assist with crowd control and line-ups
• model positive behaviour
• act in a friendly and courteous manner to parents and children at all times
|Salary||$10.75 per hour|
• Applicants must have one (1) year experience working with children and families in an educational/museum environment, and be able to work cooperatively with other team members.
• Applicants must be available to work during day or evening shifts.
• The following additional qualifications are strong assets:
Secondary education in a Museum-related field (Art, Archaeology, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, History)
A cover letter should accompany each résumé. Include information pertaining to First Aid certification and museum related education. Indicate your approximate availability for work during one or both holiday periods and confirm your availability to attend an orientation on Sunday, December 8, 2013.
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: December 8, 2013 – January 5, 2014 & March 8-16, 2014
SALARY: $10.75 per hour
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Sr. Human Resources Advisor, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto M5S 2C6 Fax #416-586-5827 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include on the subject line Competition #2013-082 – Gallery Assistant.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: November 8, 2013
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.