Two Occasional Part-time positions until June 30, 2014
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) seeks two (2) strong customer service minded individuals to greet Learning groups, oversee their needs, and process payment for the visit to the Museum.
- Greet school groups or visitors in the Museum’s South Entrance Reception area. Professionally, using strong customer service skills ensure each group meets the assigned teacher.
- Crosscheck reservations numbers provided, sign each group in, assign each group a locker for students, and ensure each group is informed of the ROM’s ‘Code of Behaviour’.
- Calculate and process payment for each group utilizing cash, cheques, credit cards, or preparing an invoice for groups paying at a later date.
- Assign a secure lunch space for each group, as required. Monitor this space to ensure allocated space is available. Adjust schedule accordingly to accommodate new or late groups.
- Assist in the Learning office as required.
|Salary||$18.92 per hour|
- Must hold High School diploma (Grade 12) or an acceptable equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year customer service experience, including experience handling cash.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated use of computer software (e.g. Word, Excel).
- Proven organizational skills, judgement, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team member.
- French language skills would be a definite asset.
How to Apply
SALARY: $18.92 per hour
UNION: OPSEU Local 543
PROBATION: 420 hours or 6 months (whichever comes first)
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-081 – Group Organizer in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: November 6, 2013
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.