PART-TIME TEACHERS - 3 total – 2 Bilingual (English/French)
Part-time positions (maximum 24 hrs/week)
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) has an immediate need for 3 part-time teachers. The successful candidates will provide educational services exploring a variety of Museum topics for students and teachers visiting the Museum. We have one opportunity for a Bilingual teacher (Sciences); one Bilingual Teacher (Culture); one non-Bilingual Teacher (Culture).
|Salary||$28.01 per hour|
- University degree in a museum-related subject (Art, Science, and/or Archaeology) or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience. Certification from the Ontario College of Teachers, A Specialist certificate, or a graduate degree would all be considered assets.
- Teaching experience is required, in particular, experience working with primary, secondary or post-secondary level students. Ability to adapt sophisticated materials to the needs of younger children and a variety of special education situations.
- For two positions – Bilingual (French/English) oral and written language skills are required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proven research and organizational skills are necessary.
- Computer literacy is required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
Apply to: Mara Gunner, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6 Fax # 416-586-5827; Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013- 079 – Part-time Teacher, in the subject line
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: October 21, 2013
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.