Part-time position (no more than 24 hrs/week)
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) seeks a detail oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills that will provide assistance with general office functions and school visit registration.
• Answer telephone queries pertaining to potential school visit registration. E-mail brochures and other relevant information upon request. Assist clients with web applications and minor changes to reservations.
• Follow-up with schools registered to visit. Confirm booking arrangements.
• Input and/or update school reservation information into computer tracking system.
• Prepare weekly schedule for distribution based on pre-existing schedule information. E-mail weekly schedule to distribution list. Maintain an up-to-date distribution list.
• Provide coverage for School Entrance Coordinator and/or other staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Salary||$20.02 per hour|
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year post secondary education plus one (1) full year of administrative experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated use of computer software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access).
• Proven organizational skills, judgement, and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team member.
• French language skills would be an asset.
How to Apply
UNION: OPSEU Local 543
PROBATION: 420 hours or 6 months (whichever comes first)
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-073 – Admin Asst. Learning in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: September 13, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMPORTANT - please submit your resume and cover letter with your surname in the file attachment name (for example: Jane Doe Resume.doc or Williamson-coverletter.pdf)