The Royal Ontario Museum currently seeks a well-motivated individual to develop educational assets and narrative storylines using ROM content for the ROM Learning Portal.
- Develop educational assets and narrative storylines using ROM content in order to make content accessible for a variety of learning audiences.
- Provide and maintain creative vision for interpretation and communication of key messages as part of an integrated team. Collaborate with key ROM staff to produce diverse content packages and related products.
- Oversee all content available on the Learning Portal, ensuring consistency. Work closely with the Learning team, project teams and other staff for all content materials that will be placed on the Learning Portal.
- Liaise with the project group on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as required.
|Salary||$42,071 - $48,081 (provisionally rated, subject to change)|
- University degree in a museum-related field (e.g. History, Science).
- A minimum of three (3) years experience developing educational content for the web or related media. A familiarity with Ontario’s school curriculum and assessment policies would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written. Ability to communicate creatively through video, text, graphics and other media.
- Familiarity with graphic design principles and Web site production. Proficiency using computer hardware and software. Understanding and working knowledge of HTML and design principles on the Web and Mobile Devices.
- Requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage many concurrent projects, meet deadlines, and demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Familiarity with copyright and intellectual property issues, information design standards and information management policy issues and general museum practices.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and refined aesthetic judgment.
START DATE: As soon as possible PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
How to Apply
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, HR&OD, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6. Please quote Competition #2013-067 – Learning Content Producer & Coordinator on the subject line. Send by e-mail: email@example.com or by Fax: (416) 586-5827
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: September 11, 2013
IMPORTANT - please submit your resume and cover letter with your surname in the file attachment name (for example: Jane Doe Resume.doc or Williamson-coverletter.pdf)