Are you passionate about culture, the arts, natural history, and science? Are you keen to understand how these elements come together to tell the many stories of humanity? Then consider a career at ROM.
The Web Manager is responsible for the public facing online products including the main corporate website, online collections, and ecommerce portal. Applying a user-centered approach, the Web Manager leads the frontend development and design, on-going maintenance, and continuous improvement of online properties, delivering exceptional visitor experiences that support essential business needs and strategic priorities.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer and functioning as an integral member of the Digital Media & Technology department, the Web Manager is a cross-functional role. They are responsible for delivering annual work plans, allocating and overseeing web resources, supervising and coaching the web team, managing web governance, interpreting web analytics to inform data-driven decisions, and collaborating with stakeholders on key projects.
- Lead digital initiatives, foster consensus on project objectives, scope and priorities with stakeholder groups and cross-functional project teams.
- Develop robust, extendable, and sustainable web solutions by formulating objectives; planning deliverables, resource availability and application; preparing installation and modification specifications; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
- Manage projects including monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; coordinating requirements with interested departments.
- Assure quality Web solution by developing and completing test plans, producing project and technical documentation.
Maintenance & Support
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the site, delivering Service Level Agreements (SLA), managing website governance, processing change requests, identifying efficiencies and driving continuous improvement.
- Steers best practices for web architecture, configuration, user roles, information organization, functionality, site administration and maintenance.
- Inputs on product lifecycle management for web properties; advise on technical roadmaps for product growth and maturity.
- Maintain technical documentation. Train content editors and user guides.
- Apply analytics and lead user-testing to understand users’ preferences and patterns.
Web Strategy & Measurement
- Develop annual plans that support goals, drive business objectives, and advance the internal digital strategy.
- Interpret website data for stakeholder groups; track performance and measure KPIs; translate data to action items
Leadership & Administration
- Responsible for the management of a team of designers; direct, guide and mentor staff by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees; following production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements.
- Advocate for digital and online initiatives with stakeholders, identifying opportunities to drive digital strategy, build efficiencies, and better serve visitors.
- Manage budgets by monitoring expenses, making sound judgment when spending budget and identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- University degree in Computer Science OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) year’s experience in the administration and managing of digital products, web applications including experience supervising and training staff. Proven leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently in a complex environment. Results-driven, and solution-oriented, with the ability to think critically and creatively, with the ability to evaluate workflow and delegate when appropriate.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, and accountability. Experience using project management software (Jira, Teams, Trello).
- Experience producing user personas, user stories, journey maps, wireframes, product roadmaps, product documentation, and QA and training materials.
- Ability to build web functionality within the Drupal framework according to needs. Ability to modify and customize modules. Expert knowledge of views, content types, web forms, polls and other modules that allow interaction with online.
- Strong knowledge of standard web technologies (PHP, my SQL, HTML, CSS, HTML5 etc.); strong knowledge of web analytics and other site optimization platforms (Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tag Manager, Search Console etc)
- Excellent communications, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
SALARY AND TERMS
Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Employee Group: Exempt, FT, Grade 4
Probationary Period: 6 months
Number of Hires: 1
APPLY HERE: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/73705?s=c2
- EAP - medical, dental and vision benefits start on day one
- Health spending account
- Short-term & long-term disability benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- Free ROM visits for you and 8 friends/family members per year
- Discount program for over 200 Ontario attractions
- A criminal background check will be required at time of hire
- Closest subway stop is Museum
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
At ROM, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity foundational to our institutional success. We seek to foster a workplace that reflects the full breadth of the communities we serve and welcome applications from women, racialized persons/BIPOC, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities.
ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
Royal Ontario Museum recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.