SYSTEMS SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR (Help Desk)
Permanent, Full-time position
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) actively seeks a Systems Support Administrator to be responsible for providing computer hardware, software, network, and peripheral support to both internal staff and our public facing museum technologies. Working closely with internal IT staff and end users, the self-starter is passionate about technology, eager to expand skill sets, and understands the importance of providing exceptional customer service. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in new IT initiatives, work closely with employees throughout all departments, and be an integral contributor to the day-to-day functioning of the IT Helpdesk.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming helpdesk requests related to the Office 365 Suite, PC and MAC hardware, software, applications, and network devices.
- Clearly document issues and remediation of requests in our service desk software (JIRA).
- Comfortable responding to helpdesk requests remotely/in-person, over the phone, email, or Microsoft Teams.
- Support MS Teams telephony, MDM, campus Wi-Fi and other networked devices.
- Installation and configuration of PC and MAC hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of third-party tools such as Anti-Virus, Windows OS updates, browsers, and miscellaneous products.
- Run diagnostic programs to isolate and troubleshoot problems and implement solutions to resolve issues.
- Participate in the on-boarding and off-boarding process of new and departed employees.
- Create groups and individual accounts and manage roles/permissions/group policies using Active Directory.
- Coordinate and schedule hardware repairs; perform routine equipment maintenance, repair and modify various computer systems and related equipment.
- Provide basic training to staff.
- Deliver confident support to both onsite and remote users.
- Provide high quality customer service to all Museums’ staff regarding technology issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Salary||$60,596. - $69,252. per annum|
- A 4-year degree in a computer science related discipline is required OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years proven experience working within a helpdesk environment supporting similar technologies is required.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to provide a high level of customer service and address concerns, questions, and needs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and services (Windows 10, MS Office 365, AD).
- Must communicate effectively with a variety of people who have different levels of technical competence.
- Highly engaged individual that seeks alternative solutions to technical problems.
- Strong organizational skills and able to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work a flexible full-time schedule.
How to Apply
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $60,596. - $69,252. per annum
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
UNION: OPSEU Local 543 – Full-time
APPLY TO: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/67905?s=fc
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: May 20, 2022