Service Worker 3
Housekeeping & Maintenance
Four (4) part-time positions (Days & Nights)
Service Workers at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) are committed to cleaning/housekeeping of all rooms in the building and maintaining the grounds to ensure all cleanliness standards are met.
- Reporting to the Manager/Leadhand, the successful candidates will monitor grounds and building conditions, observe occurrences such as leaking water taps, burnt out light bulbs, presence of unauthorized persons, unsecured doors, or other deficiencies and reports verbally or in writing to the shift supervisor or lead hand.
- Maintain floors by sweeping, dust mopping, wet mopping, washing, wet and dry vacuum cleaning, scrubbing, pressure cleaning, buffing, stripping, refinishing, sanding, shampoo and steam cleaning, spray maintenance, and other tasks related to the position.
- Provide cleaning services by washing, dusting, scrubbing, disinfecting, pressure cleaning, and preserving fixtures, furniture, equipment, walls, doors, glass, etc. at any level and in any specially designated areas.
- Will set up and take down tables, chairs, stands and equipment related to events, galas, meetings, etc.
- Maintain grounds, clean and clear outside approaches to building; maintain surrounding sidewalks and driveways to ensure they are free of ice by removing snow and spreading ice melting substance and/or scraping surface with ice scraper. Mow and water lawns, trim edges, shrubs and bushes, remove and bag dead leaves, branches, shrubs and debris. Clean equipment and perform routine maintenance.
- Replenish supplies; collect and dispose of waste.
- Receive and respond to requests for facility set-up. Move furniture including chairs, tables, desks, cupboards, and other furniture and equipment. Use material handling equipment when necessary. Deliver material and equipment from the receiving dock to departments.
- Perform duties as assigned.
|Department||Maintenance and Housekeeping|
|Salary||$21.68 per hour (probationary rate if applicable)|
- A high school diploma and relevant job experience in the cleaning industry and/or an equivalency in education and experience; must possess high standards of practice with a demonstrated ability to physically perform the work;
- Physical strength, manual dexterity, and ability to safely operate cleaning maintenance equipment required.
- Must be willing to work night shifts.
- Able to read and interpret schedules, product directions, and equipment instructions.
- Communicate effectively (both written and verbal), in an appropriate manner, with fellow workers, staff, and visitors.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act/WHMIS.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s license and experience in the Hospitality industry would be an asset.
How to Apply
START DATE: As soon as possible
UNION: SEIU, Local 2
HOURLY RATE: $21.68 per hour (based on probationary rate)
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 480 hours
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/68921
At the ROM, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity to be foundational to our institutional success. We seek to foster a workplace that reflects [the full breadth of] the communities we serve and welcome applications from women, racialized persons/BIPOC, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
The selected candidate will be required to participate in a Criminal Background Check conducted via Profile Investigation Inc.
Royal Ontario Museum recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.