PHILANTHROPIC RESEARCH SPECIALIST
ROM Governors works in tandem with ROM – Canada’s world museum – to engage philanthropic and sponsorship support that advances the Museum’s vision and mission. In addition to being a busy, fast-paced environment where we are committed to excellent donor and volunteer experiences and services, we get to explore, discover and learn from collections and exhibitions – and the wonderful people who bring them to life! There are many reasons it’s great to work with ROM Governors, ranging from competitive compensation and benefits, the opportunity to develop, grow and take on new challenges, and to be part of an iconic institution that is transforming dramatically to ensure 21st century audiences can understand the past, make sense of the present and come together to shape a shared future.
There has been no better time to be part of ROM Governors as it undertakes an ambitious fundraising campaign to support ROM’s bold plans as a 21st century museum, embracing change and pursuing innovation. In February 2022, John Kearsey was appointed as ROM Governors’ President and CEO to lead a dynamic, mission-driven, donor-focused team intent on increasing philanthropic and private support for ROM, advancing transformational growth and sustainability. The team partners with global philanthropic management consulting firm GG+A for thought leadership and planning solutions.
ROM Governors is recruiting an experienced prospect research professional to support the upcoming campaign and other fundraising objectives as Philanthropic Research Specialist. You are an enthusiastic and detail-oriented researcher who can work independently to provide high-quality research. You are a team player who can collaborate with both fundraising and operations staff to help ROM Governors achieve new levels of excellence.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Under the leadership of the Director, Philanthropic Research, the Philanthropic Research specialist will support all aspects of prospect research work including media monitoring, reactive research and prospect identification.
The Philanthropic Research Specialist will also participate in prospect management through the research liaison process, working closely with fundraising staff to support moves management and pipeline development.
- Qualify prospective leadership and major gift donors by conducting detailed biographical, corporate, foundation, and financial research for identified prospects using advanced on-line databases, in-house files, library references, and other sources to determine corporate and individual giving capacity, connections, ROM affinity and interests.
- Locate, evaluate, extract, and summarize research information in a manner that is clear and concise. Prepare in-depth profiles in advance of solicitation visits and respond directly to questions concerning prepared reports.
- Regular media scans of the philanthropic landscape. Identifying and summarizing trends and the competitive campaign environment that may influence philanthropic giving.
Prospect Identification and Management
- Support fundraising by regularly identifying prospective donors to fill the donor and volunteer pipeline.
- Assist the Director, Philanthropic Research in updating and overseeing prospect management procedures, including working with Philanthropy and Systems to provide tools and reports to help prospect managers manage their prospect pools.
- Develop, implement, and manage systems and procedures to meet the information needs of ROM Governors staff in preparation for contacting, cultivating, and soliciting prospective major gift donors (individuals, corporations, foundations, associations).
|Salary||$59,467 - $89,201 per annum|
Requires a university degree with a minimum of three years of experience specifically in prospect research for the non-profit sector. Additional skills include:
- Experience using prospect research databases including iWave and CharityCAN.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage a diverse range of assignments while meeting multiple deadlines, along with thorough attention to all details and consistent follow through.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional presence necessary to interact with donors, patrons, senior volunteers, senior Museum staff, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude, and sound judgment.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector.
- Exceptional and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and independence, while remaining comfortable working within the framework of a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as applied to the preparation of reports, and presentations.
- Understanding of the vision, mission, and values of the Museum and role of the ROM Governors.
How to Apply
Reports to: Director, Philanthropic Research
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Salary Scale: $59,467 - $89,201 per annum plus benefits // Level 2
Application deadline: August 20, 2022
This position can be either 100% remote or hybrid with 3 days in our office, located at the Museum.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/69892
At ROM Governors, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity to be foundational to our institutional success. We seek to foster a workplace that reflects the full breadth of the communities we serve and welcome applications from women, racialized persons/BIPOC, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities.
ROM Governors is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
The selected candidate will be required to participate in a Criminal Background Check conducted via Profile Investigation Inc.
COVID-19: ROM Governors recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
ROM Governors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ROM Governors wishes to thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.