At the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM), Canada’s largest museum of world cultures and natural history, we’re seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our busy Marketing team. The Marketing Assistant will handle accounting, administration and various marketing communications projects in support of our efforts to drive awareness, interest and attendance, and engage diverse audiences in building a relationship with the ROM.
The Marketing Assistant reports to the Assistant Vice President, Marketing with regular input and direction from the Marketing Coordinators and colleagues in Communications.
In particular, this position is responsible for accounting for multiple ROM departments, general office administration, facilitating customer service and advertising sales enquiries related to Marketing, database management, print distribution, assisting with electronic communications, applying for telecaster numbers for broadcast spots and public service announcements, trafficking broadcast and online advertising, and coordinating advertising buys and promotions as assigned.
|Salary||$45,948 - $52,512* *please note this is provisionally rated and subject to change|
The Marketing Assistant role is diverse and fast paced; incumbents must be able to juggle multiple projects, tight timelines, day-to-day project challenges and communication with various stakeholders with confidence and positivity. You are a consummate team player.
You understand the principles of marketing communications and can effectively communicate with internal stakeholders, external vendors and the public. You provide clear direction to designers, media suppliers and production vendors when working on advertising campaigns. You are highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, particularly when tracking intricate budgets.
- University or Community College diploma in Business, Office Administration or Marketing (3-year program) OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience
- At least two (2) years experience, including accounting and marketing functions
- Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Good mathematical, accounting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Must have a professional and courteous manner
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, take initiative and work in a team environment
- Minimum typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing a cultural institution considered a plus
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: ASAP
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO:
Mara Gunner, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. FAX (416) 586-5827; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Competition #2013-001, Marketing Assistant on the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: January 10, 2013