GROUP SALES COORDINATOR
Marketing & Promotions
Working with a fun and dynamic team, the Group Sales Coordinator promotes ROM visits to tour operators, corporate groups, community organizations, and more. But it’s not just selling—it’s building lifelong relationships with one of the world’s great museums.
So, who are we looking for? A spirited extrovert who loves art, culture, nature—and ROM. Someone that can connect with others, at tradeshows, through presentations and one to one over the phone. If you enjoy winning people over and closing the sale? Apply Now!
- Selling group visits, upselling ancillary products and services, tailoring experience to clients needs, answer client services and sales inquiries, schedule and coordinate group experiences, conduct post-visit follow-up
- Actively promote and sell museum visitors to the group market to meet financial targets.
- Work closely with internal departments to communicate group booking details
- Create and update sales reports, reconcile monthly general ledger, and other reporting as required.
- Actively participate in the development of groups sales offerings
- Assist with advertising to the group market and develop sales and marketing materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Salary||$55,826 - $63,800 per annum|
- A minimum of three (3) years sales experience, preferably in a cultural or tourism related institution.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in hospitality/tourism (3-year program) OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability and proven past performance to meet sales goals and tailor creative offerings to meet client needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating a focus on providing exceptional customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills demonstrating an ability to work under pressure with deadlines.
- Demonstrated judgement, initiative, and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Experience with cold calling, prospecting, sales presentations, and relationship building to meet financial targets.
- Experience upselling ancillary products and services (i.e., exhibitions, tours, team building products and other group visit enhancements).
- Strong working knowledge of most current computer software applications (Word, Excel, VivaTickets BOS, Sage financial system etc.).
- Ability to speak fluently in French is an asset.
How to Apply
START DATE: As soon as possible
SALARY: $55,826 - $63,800 per annum
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
UNION: OPSEU Local 543 – Full-time
APPLY IN WRITING TO: email@example.com. Please quote Competition #2022-044 – Group Sales Coordinator, in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: May 20, 2022
At the ROM, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity to be foundational to our institutional success. We seek to foster a workplace that reflects [the full breadth of] the communities we serve and welcome applications from women, racialized persons/BIPOC, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities. The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
The selected candidate will be required to participate in a Criminal Background Check conducted via Profile Investigation Inc.
Royal Ontario Museum recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.