Event Sales Coordinator
Programs, Events and Commercial Services
Are you passionate about culture, the arts, natural history, and science? Are you keen on how these elements aesthetically come together to tell the many stories of humanity? Then consider a career at ROM.
The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking a motivated full-time sales coordinator for a variety of special events - day time, evening and occasional weekend work.
- Develop, plan, organize, implement and follow-up on special events occurring at the Museum, for a variety of special events
- Conduct in-depth appraisals of client requests: create documentation associated with each event (event contract, financial estimates, event services/operation/production plan)
- Coordinate detailed room set up plans, and housekeeping requests based on specific client request and aligned with Museum policies
- Provide creative vision throughout all stages of every event
- Ensure the effective functioning of detailed event requirements
- Responsible for ensuring that vendors perform their jobs adequately (Caterers, Rental Suppliers, Audie Visual, Décor, and more)
- Conduct follow-up with clients to determine satisfaction and investigate any dissatisfaction
- Act as an intermediary between the Museum and clients regarding event concerns or breach in compliance with ROM policies and/or procedures
- Facilitate communication, discussion, and dispute resolution, as required
- Promote ROM’s services during client meetings
- Respond and provide general service information to potential clients
- Create, design, research, and source standard and/or unique services for the special event sales function
- Perform other duties as assigned
|Department||Programs & Events|
|Salary||$66,022 - $75,453 per annum|
- University degree and a certificate in Hospitality or Tourism Management plus at least eight (8) years of related experience OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the hospitality industry including corporate, convention and association events
- Key areas of expertise include, but are not limited to – room layout and design, food and beverage facilitation, and space management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communication abilities. Demonstrated facilitation and negotiation skills are critical.
- Proficient at developing and controlling budgets while achieving desired client and Museum budget goals
- Strong organizational and project management skills to effectively plan, coordinate, and advise Museum service departments
- Initiative, sound judgement and strong client service orientation skills
- Demonstrated competence with computer applications (Microsoft Office). Delphi and/or other Catering Software proficiency would be considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience with Delphi Diagrams and/or other event diagramming/layout software.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
How to Apply
Salary and Terms of Employment
STARTING DATE: ASAP
EMPLOYEE GROUP: OPSEU 543
JOB GRADE: Grade 13
SALARY: $66,022 - $75,453 per annum
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 Months (performance based only)
APPLY HERE: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/74155?s=c2
ROM perks –
- EAP - medical, dental and vision benefits start on day one
- Health spending account
- Short-term & long-term disability benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Personal days
- Free ROM visits for you and 8 friends/family members per year
- Discount program for over 200 Ontario attractions!
At ROM, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity foundational to our institutional success. We seek to foster a workplace that reflects the full breadth of the communities we serve and welcome applications from women, racialized persons/BIPOC, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities.
ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
Royal Ontario Museum recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The selected candidate will be required to participate in a Criminal Background Check conducted via Profile Investigation Inc.