We’re looking for a fun, museum-loving brand ambassador to join our team.
Your job? To talk to potential ROM visitors at festivals throughout the GTA about everything from our galleries to upcoming exhibitions like T. rex: The Ultimate Predator. The goal? To build word of mouth, boost attendance, and bolster membership.
The positions require staff to weekdays, evenings and weekends. The days and hours of work will vary based on the promotions season and schedule. Must be available during March Break (March 11 to 19, 2023).
|Salary||$24.24 per hour|
- A minimum of one-year post-secondary education in a marketing, education or Museum-related discipline
- At least one-year experience working with adults and/or children as a Brand Ambassador
- Proven ability to handle public inquiries and complaints with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated experience meeting sales targets
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Energetic, outgoing, professional appearance
- Autonomous and rigorous in executions, with the ability to set up and take down promotional booths, activity stations and signage
- Ability to lift 15kg and work events taking place both indoors and outdoors, year-round
- Respectful of scheduling and professional commitments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Proficiency in other languages is an asset
- Able to work flexible hours
- Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license is an asset
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: ASAP
UNION: OPSEU local 543
JOB TYPE: Part-time
STARTING HOURLY: $24.24 per/hour
CONTRACT LENGTH: From start date to March 31st, 2023
APPLY TO: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/68754
At the ROM, we consider equity, diversity, and inclusivity to be foundational to our institutional success. We seek to foster a workplace that reflects [the full breadth of] the communities we serve and welcome applications from women, racialized persons/BIPOC, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, LGBTQ2S+, and people with disabilities.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
The selected candidate will be required to participate in a Criminal Background Check conducted via Profile Investigation Inc.
Royal Ontario Museum recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. As such, an offer of employment shall be conditional on proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.