Part-time temporary position until November 2013
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) currently seeks a well-motivated individual to determine the design, data collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of visitor research. In addition, the successful candidate will liaise with research vendors and volunteers to facilitate on-site evaluations.
• Develop and pilot instruments, review human subject protocols and ensure ethics are maintained. This includes instrument design which shows sensitivity to diverse audiences, measurement techniques, sampling, data analysis, data interpretation.
• Maintain SPSS database, enter data, code open and closed ended questions, and analyze and interpret data.
• Write study findings and reporting in collaboration with internal stakeholder.
• Coordinate orientation and on-site research staff schedules for data collectors if needed.
• Administer social media and online data collection tools.
|Salary||$23.70 per hour|
• University degree in statistics, marketing, museum/visitor studies or a related field or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience
• At least two (2) years experience as a research assistant in a museum or cultural setting
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of practice of visitor research
• Excellent oral and written skills required
• Excellent judgement and analytical skills required
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with SPSS, and related database software required
• Proficiency with web based survey administration required
• Excellent coordination and scheduling skills
How to Apply
START DATE: As soon as possible
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 420 hrs or 6 months
UNION: OPSEU Part-time
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6. Send by e-mail: email@example.com please quote Competition #2013-071 – Audience Insight Coordinator on the subject line OR by Fax: (416) 586-5827
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: August 23, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.