Saturday, February 19 - Monday, February 21, 2022
Included with admission.
Family Day Weekend arrives at ROM with a warm welcome for visitors of all ages. Come in from the cold and enjoy enhanced weekend activities, hiking trails, new galleries and special exhibitions all weekend long.
Family fun awaits in a safe, welcoming environment at special themed activity stations located throughout the Museum. Be sure to visit one, a few, or all on your visit.
- Lunar New Year — Explore the meaning and importance behind this widely celebrated holiday
- Writing — Examine the role of writing systems around the world and how it informs present-day research
- Solar Systems — Learn how our solar system works and how our planet began
- Wanted: Paleo Artists — Discover the science and creativity behind paleoart illustrations that bring the past to life
- Age of Dinosaurs — Follow the fascinating journey of dinosaur evolution and how far has life come
- Game Zone: Strategy or luck? — Check out the Mancala and Viking Discovery Boxes in the Game Zone
Hike the ROM
Follow a Hike the ROM trail and add to your daily steps without worrying about the weather. Available until April 3, 2022, two seasonal, themed trails offer visitors exercise for both the body and mind. Pick up your Walk on the Wild Side or Eternal Life Trail Guides at either entrance, and head off on a fun, step-filled adventure. Learn more.
Willner Madge Gallery, Dawn of Life
ROM's newest permanent gallery brings the dawn of life to life. How old is life itself? When did we come from? Did all life begin the same? Enter the gallery and explore Earth's evolution, from the beginning of life on the planet to the age of dinosaurs. Learn more.
Visitors coming from around the province can take advantage of a new, limited-time offer that gives Ontarians living in postal codes starting with the letter L a 20% discount, starting with the letters N and K a 30% discount and starting with the letter P a 40% discount. Learn more.